SAU Community

Updates On The R33

Mr-Toy33

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-22617-1143281051.jpg

This is what the bar now looks like completed with the mesh and indicator lights put in.

Still yet to figure out where the number plate will be going.

Grill is also yet to be done.

The light bulbs have also been changed to those philip white crystal ones.

I can say that it looks way better with these bulbs!

The yellow look in the old bulbs were not all that appealing!

post-22617-1143281311.jpg post-22617-1143281363.jpg

First pic is of the old headlights still in the car.

The 2nd pic is of the philip crystal headlights I put.

• 2 weeks later...

When it starts to go down towards the down on the graph, those are the injectors maxing out.

New injectors should be here tomorrow or Friday the latest.

Injectors & new coilpack goes in this wknd (i'm hoping).

Next wknd, oil cooler and oil filter relocator goes in next wknd.

Then, after all that, come Wednesday the car goes back on the road and in for a tune up with the new stuff being added to it.

Possibly 2wks after being back on the road, new adjustable cams will be going on. Once these go on, the aim is for 270kw's!!!!!

When it starts to go down towards the down on the graph, those are the injectors maxing out.

New injectors should be here tomorrow or Friday the latest.

Injectors & new coilpack goes in this wknd (i'm hoping).

Next wknd, oil cooler and oil filter relocator goes in next wknd.

Then, after all that, come Wednesday the car goes back on the road and in for a tune up with the new stuff being added to it.

Possibly 2wks after being back on the road, new adjustable cams will be going on. Once these go on, the aim is for 270kw's!!!!!

What oil cooler kit did you get...I am lookng at one but im not overly keen on the prices!! And apparently the just jap ones leak! May I ask (Genuine question not hasseling you) why did you get the car tuned...then order parts..then get it tuned again in the space of a month??? All mine is going on in one go to save on tuning! Best of luck with acheiving you goal power figure

What oil cooler kit did you get...I am lookng at one but im not overly keen on the prices!! And apparently the just jap ones leak! May I ask (Genuine question not hasseling you) why did you get the car tuned...then order parts..then get it tuned again in the space of a month??? All mine is going on in one go to save on tuning! Best of luck with acheiving you goal power figure

I didnt think I would of required a oil cooler kit. After asking dan about it this morning by SMS, he recommended that I should get one.

One I'm looking at is the one from the business trader section in the 'for sale' area the gr33dy guy is selling. It's $340. I dont know much about these oil kits except for whats advertised. Unless anyone else knows anythin about them, information would be great.

Reason for the tune a few weeks ago was that I was wanting to see how much power I could get out of it all with just what had been done. I did not expect the injectors to be maxed out to 100% but, they did to which Nick at Brisbane Tuning recommended that I upgrade to a set of injectors between 550cc to 650cc. Nothing more otherwise i'll see alot of lag.

With the new injectors, coilpack and oil cooler kit going in, this will only take upto an hour Nick said where as, the last tune I had took up to 3 & half hrs.

So, with the price Brisbane tuning are charging me, I'm not going to complain about goin back just for an hour to tune the car again. Well worth it in the end.

233rwkw is still a nice figure...but with your turbo where can you go boost wise now?? isnt 17-18psi

right at the limit for a highflow?

Nick said that i can get it upto 20PSI and around 260-270kw's on a standard rebuilt, high-flowed turbo.

that 238kw's i mention was from the first run I got after the tune was completed. Computer crashed at the time and wasnt able to save it, so when we did the 2nd run, we got 233kw's.

safe level. 21/22 is on the edge.

Of the turbo..what about other stuff (Also a genuine question) Any one know??

I also imagine the turbo would be making more heat than power at that stage??

Looks like she's coming together nicely dude. Might be time to start thinking about internals (and a bigger turbo :O ), particularly if you're going to keep looking for more power, would hate to see all this hard work and such a nice car go bang prematurely.

One thing that I'm curious about though, and I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, but if 21/22psi is "on the edge" of the turbo's ability, is 20psi on the downward curve of its efficiency range?

Looks like she's coming together nicely dude. Might be time to start thinking about internals (and a bigger turbo :laugh: ), particularly if you're going to keep looking for more power, would hate to see all this hard work and such a nice car go bang prematurely.

One thing that I'm curious about though, and I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, but if 21/22psi is "on the edge" of the turbo's ability, is 20psi on the downward curve of its efficiency range?

That i'm not to sure about. Nick just stated that I can get 20psi out of a standard high flow turbo without busting anything internally or breaking anything at all.

However, to get the 20psi, the injectors would need upgrading which they should be arriving tomorrow or friday.

There will be plans to upgrade the turbo sometime later on into the year towards the end. Just got to get use to the power I have now.

Don't be f**king stupid mark, you know that 21/22psi is bullshit. Judging by the graph, it's obviously run out of puff, and bumping it up to 20psi is hardly going to 'improve' this.