SAU Community

Splumpf

Adam_RSX

• 8 months later...

while we're oogling over them cars... I've got a set of Watanabe RS8's on my Corolla (2 or 3 piece I believe) does anyone know if Watanabe manufactures custom outer rim sections (so that I can increase the width of the rim, while keeping the inner half n centre the same).

while we're oogling over them cars... I've got a set of Watanabe RS8's on my Corolla (2 or 3 piece I believe) does anyone know if Watanabe manufactures custom outer rim sections (so that I can increase the width of the rim, while keeping the inner half n centre the same).

Funky,

There is a guy called Oz Wheels in Leppington that will custom spin anything you want for about $160/200 per side. Any width, any diameter. If you want I'll get you his number and address, I have his business card at home somewhere. I can take some pics of his work and post them if you like. As soon as I get my internet connection up again, Telstra f@#ked up the speed change connection yesterday.

He spins rims for Simmonds for sizes they don't do anymore, makes a lot of Porsche Cup wheels.

I had him rework a set of BBS Lorinser wheels for my PNV. Made 2 x outers for rear and 2 x inners for front making 8's all round. That's 4 rims for $800.00

Cheers, D

ooo ooo that sounds like it could be exactly what I'm looking for.

thanks mate!

Oz Wheels has moved! As of today and he hasn't completely moved in as yet.

New address:

Oz Wheels

86 Glossop Street

St MARY'S NSW

Peter is the owner

02 9606 6468

0404 844 806

Spoke to Peter today and he is expecting your calls.

Cheers, D

ooo ooo that sounds like it could be exactly what I'm looking for.

thanks mate!

OK Guys,

The pics below are what I had done by Oz Wheels.

P1080001 is the side view of my new inner rim

P1080002 is the back view of same new inner rim

P1080003 is the side view of my new outer rim

P1080004 is the front view of same new outer rim

In the deal you get the outer rim polished and in my deal of 2 outers & 2 inners I replaced the bolts.

All up mine cost $800.00, it may be a little cheaper if using existing bolts, but as these are going to be my track rims I figured the investment worth while.

Cheers, D

I'll give him a call sometime next week... got money tied up atm so can't act on it immediately. Just for reference, would you happen to have "before" pics of the same rims?

Also does he mill out new halves or does he weld in and extension piece to elongate or cut a band and rejoin to shorten?

I'll give him a call sometime next week... got money tied up atm so can't act on it immediately. Just for reference, would you happen to have "before" pics of the same rims?

Also does he mill out new halves or does he weld in and extension piece to elongate or cut a band and rejoin to shorten?

Don't follow Funky,

The front face rims were made up because one of the outers was stuffed and he didn't have the profile for BBS Lorinser rims.

The outer with the new inner is original if that's what your referring to and vice versa on the others. The original bolts were six pointed star headed instead of button head caps.

And talk to him about the mods you speak of, as I don't know for sure.

Cheers, D