SAU Community

Broken Wheel Stud

Hey All,

Got and R33 S2 with a broken wheel stud on the front left, its been stripped and snapped by the looks of it, anywho, was wondering if anyone can give me instructions on how to replace it, and what type of replacment stud will i need? i got no idea so as much detail as possible thanks.

Cheers!

new stud from nissan is approx $5 to $10 (can't remember, i just remember it wasn't much)

to replace, you basically have to take your wheel off, take your brake caliper off, take the brake disc off, take the hub off, pull the hub apart and replace the stud...

assemble in opposite way...

that is just off the top of my head, so there's probably something that i have forgotten....

had that done on my car, $5 parts (each) $50 Labour

nup...

take the wheel off and the disk. belt the crap out of the broken stud with a hammer to pop it out.

slip in the new stud and using a rattle gun do up the stud with a wheel nut. it will drag it in a thats about the extent of that repare

cheeres

new stud from nissan is approx $5 to $10 (can't remember, i just remember it wasn't much)

to replace, you basically have to take your wheel off, take your brake caliper off, take the brake disc off, take the hub off, pull the hub apart and replace the stud...

assemble in opposite way...

that is just off the top of my head, so there's probably something that i have forgotten....

you dont need to remove the hub!

just take off the caliper and brake rotor.

then bash it out with a hammer, and it slides out through the back.

you may have to rotate the hub to the right spot where you will have room behind it for stud to come out. Rears are harder because they have drum brake assembly, but you still won't need to remove the hub itself.

yes, if you doing it at home a whel brace is fine for doing it up.

just get a long screwdriver and brace the hub with it(so it doesnt spin)

make shure you put some greace on the thread. it will make it easier.