SAU Community

Ve Commodore Secrets Revealed

VX on Commos have looked Magna like so its noy new for this one to also.I dont know what Ford and holden base their power figures on but every 300kw Holden has made less power on my dyno than 290kw Fords.The big 2 base their existance on Aussie bloke mentality not car quality.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SS looks ok, but the base model looks terrible... but i didn't expect too much from holden

its still got nothing on the BA/380, which it obviously needs to outgun to take back the share of the market it had with the VT.. those times are well behind them and ain't coming back with this car

Its funny how they always show pics of the SS model first, with the even uglier bae model later.

In real life, and up close, they will still look huge and boat-like

They are obviously designed to carry a family, but putting in a V8/spoiler/front bar doesn't magically transform it into a sports car

I think the pics are better than they will look in real like

Rating: one star

SS looks ok, but the base model looks terrible... but i didn't expect too much from holden

its still got nothing on the BA/380, which it obviously needs to outgun to take back the share of the market it had with the VT.. those times are well behind them and ain't coming back with this car

Its funny how they always show pics of the SS model first, with the even uglier bae model later.

In real life, and up close, they will still look huge and boat-like

They are obviously designed to carry a family, but putting in a V8/spoiler/front bar doesn't magically transform it into a sports car

I think the pics are better than they will look in real like

Rating: one star

Meh... some wankers call R33 skylines as boats, too bad they are 4 foot midgets with platform boots.

Haha Wazr32GTSt you may not class the SS as a 'sports car' but how would you feel getting your arse handed to you by a ' huge boat-like' holden SS. Because at the end of the day... it will. I dont see how people cannot call it a sports car... but at the end of the day, each to their own i supose.

Will be good to see it once released:) I surely wouldnt line one up...

Dayne

Haha Wazr32GTSt you may not class the SS as a 'sports car' but how would you feel getting your arse handed to you by a ' huge boat-like' holden SS. Because at the end of the day... it will. I dont see how people cannot call it a sports car... but at the end of the day, each to their own i supose.

Will be good to see it once released:) I surely wouldnt line one up...

Dayne

agreed. SS may not be as sporty as our Jap cars but still however poorly made people think the SS/Holden is made, its still a sports car.

6 litres of chat

your a retard you know that?

Spy photos from ls1.com.au

venum1.jpg

venum21.jpg

The aerial is roof mounted.

The high stop light has moved from the rear spoiler to the back window.

The front guard vent has the indicator in it.

Note the Flared gaurds aswell.

Not the best photos, but they're still better than a kick in the face.

sports car, in my opinion, is a car with superior performance in terms of looks, handling, acceleration, braking

Now the SS, again in my opinion, fails on the handling and looks department. i have no idea about its braking qualities

straight line performace isn't everything.. after all, we all don't own VLT's do we? modified, they are much faster than skylines yet they are a piece of shit..

its not a sports car, its a family car

in some outfits, it MAY constitute a performace car but performance is not equal to sports...

You do realise skylines aren't "true" sports cars don't you?

Unlike say a silvia.

I've been in this agrument on nissansilvia.com

Just like an SS a GTS-T or GT-t or whatever is based off "family" car.

An SS is a done up commodore executive. Just like in the case of R34's a GT-t is a done up GT. GT-t has the RB25DET and the GT has the RD20DE. All skylines are made off a 4 door platform so they were never made as 2 door cars only or intended to be.

Yes i know the skylines are better than SS's in every regard (thats why i have an R34) but at the end of the day the thinking behind each of them is the same.

The secrets out;

They're ugly

You do realise skylines aren't "true" sports cars don't you?

Unlike say a silvia.

I've been in this agrument on nissansilvia.com

Just like an SS a GTS-T or GT-t or whatever is based off "family" car.

An SS is a done up commodore executive. Just like in the case of R34's a GT-t is a done up GT. GT-t has the RB25DET and the GT has the RD20DE. All skylines are made off a 4 door platform so they were never made as 2 door cars only or intended to be.

Yes i know the skylines are better than SS's in every regard (thats why i have an R34) but at the end of the day the thinking behind each of them is the same.

But the base model 'line runs circles around a base commo.

I'd take a two door r32 GTS any day over a VNV6

Edited by Mulkers

The secrets out;

They're ugly

Different market tho, and different price.

Say lets go back in time, (I know we didnt get r32 gts or gtst factory here) but we did get the GTR. Now how much money did that cost NEW here? And as a comparison, how much did the top commodor cost (holden not HSV or HDT)? A fair bit less.

Its like compairing a bmw 318i to say a amg merc. Its just not a fair compairson, as the cars are aimed a different market.

Ohh yes i totally agree on that.

But really the idea behind them is very similar just that imo the skyline is better in everyway bar having the wife 3 kids and trailer on the back.

the skyline is a 2 door coupe, regardless of what the initial car was.. the commodore is a 4 door boat which has been designed for passenger comfort and room in the cabin - and it deliveres on these well, thus why its not a sports car, rather a beefed up family car that middle-aged businessmen like to think are sports cars to justify them having to have a family car for the sake of their family and nagging wife...

and with that i leave this thread forever, as i see no further reason to argue this point - i will simply never give any of my hard earned cash to holden. ever.

The reason why many people like commodores and falcons is because:

1. They are easy to live with (family car, cheap parts, great for long drives around the country)

2. Have above average performance (a stock V6 Commo/6cyl Falcon beats most non sports cars at the lights)

3. Very easily modified to get low times.

4. Loads of room for big guys like me 6'4+

If you have a look at most HSV/FPV buyers, they are men in their late 20s/early or late 30s and 40s. These guys have the dosh. They also have a big family...

The funny thing is if you have ever went to a Holden site like ls1.com.au then youll notice some of those guys own cars such as:

SS ute, SS sedan and maybe even a third car as an HSV... its like they stick to their own brand.

I like Holdens (been driving a commodore for most of my driving years (18-25 yo)) but I recently decided to get an import... only owned it for 2 weeks now but the Skyline blowed me away... the build quality and go of this car is great... I cant really compare the VS 95 model to this 96 model R33... its maybe fair to say that the VS was an ex Telstra car and wasnt treated with love like this R33 was, but electronically wise the Skyline still outmatches the Commodore.

Would I buy another Holden in the future or stick to Skylines/imports? Yes I would but my next car on the cards is a well looked after R34 GTT coupe... however I would not hesitate to buy a newish VX+ Commodore to do everyday shopping in as well as going for a long drive or taking my dog for a drive.

PS as others said Skylines are also family cars, just for smaller people and commodores/falcons will always fit guys like in them... ever tried sitting in a silvia or even skyline with a sunroof when ur 6'4? lol

the skyline is a 2 door coupe, regardless of what the initial car was.. the commodore is a 4 door boat which has been designed for passenger comfort and room in the cabin - and it deliveres on these well, thus why its not a sports car, rather a beefed up family car that middle-aged businessmen like to think are sports cars to justify them having to have a family car for the sake of their family and nagging wife...

and with that i leave this thread forever, as i see no further reason to argue this point - i will simply never give any of my hard earned cash to holden. ever.

hah so a 4 door skyline is a sports car? they are long boats man... plz stfu. :)

The secrets out;

They're ugly

i did just that :thumbsup:, no more commodore lol....technology with nissan is just so much more advanced. Heard about that new paint nissan is using? You scratch it and it heals itself within a few days, crazy!!

Yeah cos the silvia is perfect for the wife and 3 kids on a week long holiday going to melbourne from adelaide. Well done knob jockey. If your gonna compare it at least do it to something in the same class.

There's always a troglodyte that learnt to type out there...

I was referring to the direction car makers are generally heading, not making a direct comparison. You should really learn to pick out themes and contexts - you won't even need to put your VB down.