SAU Community

Hks Upgrade Pics

i loved that infloor heating .. i want it :(

awesome news that its so close.

The 2530's we used before were rated at 320ps each......these puppies are rated at 400ps each.....cant wait to see the results, and the different response with the two graphs overlayed.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RH9 is an accreditation given to Japanese workshops that builds 9 sec GTR drag cars that run "street" tyres. Its like a club i suppose...a 9sec street GTR club. Contrary to popular belief the workshops are recognised not the car itself. There are 5 RH9 workshops in Aust....BSM, Godzilla Motorsport, Tillbrook's, Croydon's and Willall. DiRTgarage hope to become the 6th.....but more importantly.....to our knowledge no-one has done this using low-mounts.....we hope to be the 1st.

mmm I could be wrong but what Croydon car has ran nines on "street" tyres?

GTR-700 runs slicks?

mmm I could be wrong but what Croydon car has ran nines on "street" tyres?

GTR-700 runs slicks?

Ran on BF's with Gold BBS rims in testing at Heathcote.

EDIT: Hey your correct....no full passes were completed on the BF's...So im shooting for spot number 5 then...cool.

Edited by DiRTgarage

I always thought he had it set up for slicks but I could be wrong?

From Marios site

http://www.exvitermini.com/history.htm

Race report:

June 2, 2003 @ 12:48 Mario

Mark Boxer then got in touch with Craig Wasson from Craig's Towing, who then drove all the way out from Sydney, ready to drive the cars back for us on the return trip to Sydney on Sunday. After the cars were all prepped, Jason went out onto the track first to get more experience with his R34-GTR. He did about 15 full power passes - all without nitrous assistance. Russell then did his best to put some heat into the track and lay down some traction compound for us, and we then brought out GTR-700 shod with the BFGoodrich Drag Radials. Andrej went out and smoked them up in the burnout a few times, then staged and gave it a first hit. The car was basically uncontrollable - the tyres were easily overpowered and Andrej had a hard time keeping the car off the wall - he only backed off when it stepped out violently towards the wall at about the 330 foot mark. It was decided that we would lower the tyre pressures in an attempt to get more traction and try once again. The same problem - the car just wheel spun and Andrej had to back it off. It just wasn't worth risking himself or the car. Much more work will need to be done to the set-up of the car (both on the suspension and some form of traction control) - and the cold track wouldn't have helped, either. It was then decided by all to call it a wasted day; and come back on the Sunday - so the car didn't manage to complete a single pass.

Sunday, we wake up to the sound of rain outside the hotel. Sure enough, it is raining at the track, but the forecast is that it will clear. By the time we get to the track, Russell and his boys have been at it doing their best to dry the track. As the Sunday was a conventional test and tune day, there were many other cars present, which helped dramatically to raise the temperature. Once again Jason went out first, only to find that the 15 launches the previous day had taken their toll - the carbon ATS clutch was now slipping badly - so much so that we couldn't even get enough drive through it to drive it onto the tow truck.

We then fitted the slicks onto GTR-700 and took it out. Andrej did an impressive burnout (putting all of the rotaries and big block V8's to shame... video to come later) and then staged it up. Here we discovered the first of the problems with the GF-5R. The first gear was just too long - and the car bogged badly off the line. With a 1.7 second 60 foot, it took it well past the 330 foot marker to come onto boost - but then all hell broke loose and it stormed its way through the 2nd half of the track in 3 seconds flat - going through the traps at 164.9 mph. The second problem we found was that 3rd and 4th gear ratios were just too close. We will strip the box and find out what ratios we really have in there. Then there was the third problem: The supposed "slider clutch" didn't slip at all like it was supposed to - with every gear change resulting in violent wheel spin and unloading the tyres. The fourth issue, is the GF-5R is heavier than the Holinger - so much for the promised 20-25Kg weight reduction - we now weigh in at over 1,300Kg.

Turbo's bolted up, actuators set at 17psi (min boost), all braided lines on and ready for the piping kit to be installed. Gearbox has to come out next and clutch sent up to Jim Berry for a reco. and then its ready to be tuned.

post-23582-1146471968.jpg

where abouts did you get the reducer pipes for the outlet done? where they part of a kit? they look trick and time consuming :(

HKS piping kit coated in ceramichrome, and yes they are very well made. They came with my old HKS 2530 kit.

Yes, Competition Coatings at Guildford.

This mob is about 200m from my work depot, been wanting to get some work done but I drive past them at 5am + 7am and they don't appear to be open :D

This mob is about 200m from my work depot, been wanting to get some work done but I drive past them at 5am + 7am and they don't appear to be open :D

I wanted to do the manifolds, dumps and turbine housings on your car when i built it....but Nathan was running out of $$.

I always thought he had it set up for slicks but I could be wrong?

From Marios site

http://www.exvitermini.com/history.htm

Race report:

June 2, 2003 @ 12:48 Mario

I remember that day quite clearly... Never met a bunch of people as arrogant as they were. Astounded me to no end. Most certainly on slicks as the history states.

They even forgot to bring a gear-knob... didnt see that in the write-up though ;)

Looks like you might be Mumbo #5 Paul :D

Just stop wasting time taking pics of it and get it finished i say :wave:

I remember that day quite clearly... Never met a bunch of people as arrogant as they were. Astounded me to no end. Most certainly on slicks as the history states.

They even forgot to bring a gear-knob... didnt see that in the write-up though :spank:

Looks like you might be Mumbo #5 Paul :)

Just stop wasting time taking pics of it and get it finished i say :rofl:

Yes Mario's people skills leave a lot to be desired to say the least.

I use a Nissan Navara gear-knob out of my work truck when racing.

Love to get #5.....who knows what sort of "pit antics" will go on if achieved.

Am taking my time as ive just recovered from a back injury and can only lean over for short periods....im not even supposed to be doing that (my physio would do her block if she knew)

http://www.hpi.com.au/drag_records.php

You mean number 5 there?

Have to run between 9.69 and 9.49 so 9.59 it is, to easy with the new set up

EDIT: Adrian just told me you meant 5th RH9, by the look of it you might have to be 7th talking about RH9 I'm 80% sure there rules state the times must be ran on nitto tyres aswell :) though I could be wrong

Here's there website http://www.rh9.or.jp

http://www.hpi.com.au/drag_records.php

You mean number 5 there?

Have to run between 9.69 and 9.49 so 9.59 it is, to easy with the new set up

EDIT: Adrian just told me you meant 5th RH9, by the look of it you might have to be 7th talking about RH9 I'm 80% sure there rules state the times must be ran on nitto tyres aswell :) though I could be wrong

Here's there website http://www.rh9.or.jp

ill be happy with 9.999999

BTW your infomation is usually spot-on, so i don't think ill ever make it as Nitto's are a step backwards from M/T SDR's.

Edited by DiRTgarage