SAU Community

Rb26dett In To A S13 Silvia

boot_it

just thought i show off a project of a rb26dett install in to a s13 silvia that i am doing for somone at the moment

the engine is from a r33 gtr (v-spec i think)

i have removed the gtr sump and modified a r32 gtst sump and oil pick up to suit the gtr engine so it will fit into the s13

i am using a rb25det gearbox with a jim berry clutch rated at 600hp (has a 3500 pound pressure plate)

we have painted the cam cover coil cover and plemium in a kandy red which is what the car is being painted in the cam covers are polished

the engine will be standard for now (no big turbo(s) and i will wire up the factory ecu

later on we will be chasing around 400rwkw

i will be doin all of the work myself (as i have done lots of these rb conversions) (ie custom alloy pipe work for cooler , modified tail shaft to suit rb25 yoke ,custom gearbox mount etc

i know its not a skyline but its got a gtr engine in it :worship:

post-20188-1146390586.jpg post-20188-1146390902.jpg

post-20188-1146391067.jpg post-20188-1146391234.jpg

post-20188-1146391399.jpg post-20188-1146391558.jpg

post-20188-1146391721.jpg post-20188-1146391893.jpg

i will post up more pics and i progress along with this project

Edited by boot_it

man thats a tight fit, i think the question to ask is... how did you do it?

that silvia's gonna fly..once it gets traction

if it gets traction,lol.

but good to see something different.

you next project is to figure out how to run a T88 in that thing,lol.

nice, Boot_it can u send me a pm with ur basic labour costs for conversions (rb25 & rb26 -> 180sx), and average turnaround times drive in drive out? oh and ur location, near brisbane by any chance?

it will be interesting to compare with others + i've heard many good things about your work so yeah ....i'm scouting someone to do my conversion a lil later down the track when the cosmetic work is finished

:)

Edited by GHOSTrun

is that 400rwkw from a stock motor?

If so... start saving for the 8-10k rebuild now as @ 400rwkw it wont last long :)

RB26's have a aolid failure rate over 330-350rwkw

And the RB26 sump should be used.

You'll notice, when comparing the sumps that the RB26 sump is much thicker and supporting... and its that way for a reason :ermm:

26 sump should have the diff removed and welded correctly

good luck, sounds like you might need it

is that 400rwkw from a stock motor?

If so... start saving for the 8-10k rebuild now as @ 400rwkw it wont last long :bunny:

RB26's have a aolid failure rate over 330-350rwkw

And the RB26 sump should be used.

You'll notice, when comparing the sumps that the RB26 sump is much thicker and supporting... and its that way for a reason :O

26 sump should have the diff removed and welded correctly

good luck, sounds like you might need it

can u tell me what the sump supports as im a little bit lost i what u are saying

as for welding up the factory sump i would have lost about 1 ltr in its oil capasity as u have to mod the front of the sump to clear the s13 swaybar and the bottom back of the pan would(where it goes over the crossmember)would have to be made smaller to clear the crossmember where a 20 or 25 sump is practley a bolt on job

and have u tried to weld cast alloy (its a bitch to do as alloy has to be totally spotless ie no oil contamination)

Edited by boot_it

nice, Boot_it can u send me a pm with ur basic labour costs for conversions (rb25 & rb26 -> 180sx), and average turnaround times drive in drive out? oh and ur location, near brisbane by any chance?

it will be interesting to compare with others + i've heard many good things about your work so yeah ....i'm scouting someone to do my conversion a lil later down the track when the cosmetic work is finished

:P

pm sent buddy

Hey fellas. Im the owner of this vechile. Ive been trying to add some pics but im having some trouble. I do have some pics up here though if you wish to check them out.(not the best bet you get the idea)

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....pic=135008&st=0

As you will be able to see from the pics, its a work in progress.

I gota say a big thanks to jason making this rb26 conversion happen. He's made this conversion very easy and stress free on my behalf. From the get go hes been always keeping me informed on whats going on and has spared minutes to hours on occasions answering any questions i am to bring up. He knows his stuff and shows great pride in his work wanting things to look there best and do things right the 1st time and double checking over his work :P . Does not #*!/ around when it comes to getting a job done. Highy reccommended. Great Guy, Great Help, Great work. Thanks mate.

Here’s a little list on what has been done body wise so far:

Wide body 20mm wide front fenders, rear guards 25mm pumped out to nearly 60mm.

I’ve bought adapters that bolt on to the hubs and then the wheels bolt to these, to take care of the now increased gap.

The side skirts and front bar are made for a s14 and got these custom fitted. The front bar I am thinking about modding a little (still unsure). A new grille for between the headlights was also purchased.

I've used the original bonnet and customed it for look and heat transfer when the big fella is working away underneath, by cutting the middle section out and adding some vents either side. (This is still got to have a bit more attention)

I have had the spoiler removed with the holes welded shut and also had the badge on the boot shaved off. The bottom bodyline I have had filled in, for a smoother look. Around the sunroof had to be repaired as it was rusting pretty badly, sections were cut out and a new piece of metal was added to delete this problem.

Yet to do:

Rear bar is yet to be fitted. It is a r33 skyline vielside bar that has to custom fitted. I've also got some rear corners to attach to follow the lines of the side skirt.

I have chosen a chrome sparco fuel cap filler to be attached since the old setup is sunk back; this is to be bought out flush with wide body.

Fit clear taillights.

Paint job. The colour I have chosen is a House of Kolor Kandy Brandywine over a cinder red, I’m also adding a touch of red ice pearl. :D

Mechanical.

Not many engine mods to start with but it'll get there with time once the whole car is complete.

In the process:

Rb26 transplant :D , hybrid gt spec intercooler with custom piping, podfilters, 3inch exhaust, Bosch fuel pump, GFB blow off valve, greddy iridium plugs and turbosmart e-boost. Custom Jim Berry Clutch kit rated at 600hp (also reccommended contact 'Race Clutch' located in brisbane).

R32 front brakes, S15 rear brakes, S15 5stud conversion. Koni fully adjustable suspension up front and koni with king springs at the back.

Edited by rb20powersilvia

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, Could you tell us about any little problems you had with this conversion? as I'll be undertaking an RB30DETT into silvia in the future.

• 1 month later...

id thought id do a update as its been a while

tailshaft mod has been done as well as the modded gearbox crossmember

factory r33 gtr loom has been spliced into the silvia loom

i have also started on makin the custom intercooler pipe work which is being done in alloy

if u look (refere to pics) i have done all the pipe work on the turbo side without any scillone hose

(in the engine bay) so there was lots of soddin around with the pipework to get the angles right

so here are some pics

post-20188-1151935082.jpg

post-20188-1151934914.jpgpost-20188-1151934730.jpg

post-20188-1151934549.jpgpost-20188-1151934358.jpg

post-20188-1151934144.jpgpost-20188-1151933688.jpg