SAU Community

Getting Rid Of Sticky

66yostagea

My S1 obviously had TV aerials mounted on the roof with some form of double sided sticky. I've got the little mounting plates off but dont know what to use to get the mgoo/rubbery stuff off the roof without damaging the duco. Have tried petrol and turps but it didn't work.

Any clues please?

My S1 obviously had TV aerials mounted on the roof with some form of double sided sticky. I've got the little mounting plates off but dont know what to use to get the mgoo/rubbery stuff off the roof without damaging the duco. Have tried petrol and turps but it didn't work.

Any clues please?

Prepsol or any wax and grease remover, most places carry it in some form

sorry i did try eucalyptus oil.

I dont think illbe trying HCl.

Not all Stageas have them, only the ones wit TV or SatNav.

Havnt tried MEK yet. Have togo down to Surfers for it.

sorry i did try eucalyptus oil.

I dont think illbe trying HCl.

Not all Stageas have them, only the ones wit TV or SatNav.

Havnt tried MEK yet. Have togo down to Surfers for it.

id say its probably eurathane and id say try prepsol if not ask the local panel beater.

you have to be carefull with the paint as mek may react with the duco.

• 5 weeks later...

Any clues please?

Finally got some goo remover. K+H Surface Technologies WAX&GREASE REMOVER. Its an aerosol. Does not affect duco.You also need a long strong thumb nail.

Finally got some goo remover. K+H Surface Technologies WAX&GREASE REMOVER. Its an aerosol. Does not affect duco.You also need a long strong thumb nail.

where can I get a long strong thumb nail from?

group buy anyone?

:(

on a serious note - nice info, cheers, that'll help out!

• 3 months later...

got the goo off the roof of mine today i used 2 stroke fuel and it slowly disolved what looked like silicone from under the double sided tape it took about 1 hr to do both then cut and pollished the area.apart from the assholes who removed them putting a couple of scratches up there (only small) where they prised them off with a screwdriver it came up well.

got the goo off the roof of mine today i used 2 stroke fuel and it slowly disolved what looked like silicone from under the double sided tape it took about 1 hr to do both then cut and pollished the area.apart from the assholes who removed them putting a couple of scratches up there (only small) where they prised them off with a screwdriver it came up well.

The wheelsofprogress turn slowly in Stagealand. :D:)

I used some stuff called "UHU Goo-remover" to remove my badges.

I find rubbing it really hard with your finger works too, when the goo gets hot it just rubs off.

I would image using a heat gun of sorts and a platic knife would work better.