SAU Community

Twin 3240 And Twin Q45 Air Flow Meters

First a run down on my setup:

R32 GTR

RB26/RB30 Engine Combo

HKS Cams

Twin 3240 Garrett High Mount Turbo Setup

Twin Q45 Air Flow Meters

The question I have is since I am running twin air flow meters can I join the inlet pipe form the rear turbo to the inlet pipe of the front turbo and then have the pipe split to both air flow meters?

The reason I ask is that the front turbo is close to the strut tower and the inlet pipe will be a hard to make.

If you guys need any more info etc please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Without technical background knowledge it sounds like its likely to screw up the airflow meter signal and/or create turbulance between them. ie: bad and compressor chuffing sounds possible/likely.

Try and keep them seperate, it was like that from factory for a reason dare I say. Nice setup btw :(

First a run down on my setup:

R32 GTR

RB26/RB30 Engine Combo

HKS Cams

Twin 3240 Garrett High Mount Turbo Setup

Twin Q45 Air Flow Meters

The question I have is since I am running twin air flow meters can I join the inlet pipe form the rear turbo to the inlet pipe of the front turbo and then have the pipe split to both air flow meters?

The reason I ask is that the front turbo is close to the strut tower and the inlet pipe will be a hard to make.

If you guys need any more info etc please let me know.

Thanks in advance

The air flow meters will work fine as they only pick up air moment by the cooling effect on as hot wire so if the piping goes 2 into 1 and back to 2 it will still sense the total air flow. I believe most ecu average the two signal but if you have problem will enbalances between the two airflows you can link the signal wires to give a physical averaging effect. (this works as it was done to my gtr when it had a SAFC2 fitted to it as the unit can only process one signal)

Pete

MattSR: I wouldn't mind but I have heard that in a case like mine where I have done most of the work myself my car wont get tuned to its full potential as they havent built it. I hope this isnt true but I dont want to take my car there and they tune it short for such reason I must say I have heard the same about other workshops aswell

Nathan