SAU Community

I Need Grip!

Rosie_1008

sorry to hijack ur thread Rosie....

but has anyone had experience with Falken Ziex Tyres? I believe the 326 not the 512 "all season" tyre.

Getting 18 x 9's on my Hr31 coupe and want it to grip.

Going coilovers front and rear and it currently has 200+ atw, shooting for 220-240rwkw soon.

cheers.

Just re-emphasising my earlier point but for street tyres you really can't go past federal. I have tried ALOT of tyres out, and with a T76 on my car I have only just started to wheelspin under 2bar boost and have had the tyres on for almost a year. Mind you I don't go doing fully sick burnouts but not afraid to boost. Only tyres I have tried that have held up to it. Falken are cheap and nasty IMO, very dissapointed with them, pirelli were good, nankang very bad, can't remember any others.

Gidday Rosie, ive put a set of dunlop sp 9000s on my GTR and they dont seem to do anything wrong. Mine are 245/35/18 and not real cheap but you are probably runnning 17s by the look of it so go for a 17 with no less than 40 profile, that should ride a bit better for you. If Steve Bell is doing your engine you must live in Launie. Just remember your first expense is your cheapest expense, do it once do it right. Sounds like you have a boost controller on it so once the engine is a runner get it to Brad at Chris Colgraves at Invermay and he will tune and set the boost for you, say no more that 17pounds on premium will be fine. As far as the clutch goes fit up a standard system to make it user friendly. If you get stuck for engine components give me a yell i might be able to source it for you. Dont be frightened to ask others for advice on prices etc, no need to spend more than you have to. If you want to sell that clutch i might be interested, cheers paul

Just been talking to the mechanic and he has had a close look at it and it is a HKS twin plate with the spec flywheel and everything and says its an excellent set up and very exy so he recommends i keep it in.

Even still Rosie if your not comfortable driving with it, and your not going to get seriously into drag racing, I'd sell it and get somthing more user friendly. After a few weeks of driving around with somthing like that, you'll start to not enjoy driving your car, if that happens, then why have the car in the firstplace.

Even if you do wan't to race, Matty Rickards was running hard for 3 or 4 drag meets, all he was using was a Jimm Berry single plate and didn't have any problems.

J

Edited by XRATED

Rosie, i agree with the x-man 100%, although your mechanic has said your twin plate is an excellent clutch, no-one is disputing that. The facts are its a dog of a thing to drive and you obviously cant come to terms with it so i agree with the x dude, a jim berry set up is an excellent cluch, single plate, light pedal yet delivering over 2 tonnes of plate pressure good for more Kw than you will ever have, its a cloned subaru clutch and would be my first choice for a street machine. I have a new nismo twin plate and it like yours is a pig to get going at the lights but i intend to do track work, if i didnt the jim berry would be strait in, food for thought, cheers Smud