SAU Community

Gold Coin Domation Car Cruise

EMZ R33

Hi all,

Im looking at organising a car cruise around adelaide (possbbly city, to glenelg, hills then back to glenelg or the city to finish) and at the same time raise some needed cash for a Leukemia House that has just been opened near to my house.

As a Registered Nurse i understand that money is a large help in transporting people with cancer to hopsitals (usually kids) and any help would be great.

So......i thought id try and get a few lads and ladies out and around adelaide to be seen and to raise a bit of cash for the Leukemia foundation.

I have already spoken to a number of interested people and have cars such as R33 4 door (Mine), Integra, Soara, Lancer, Supra, FTO's...and more.

Well i hope this gets some interest and if you are, please email me persoally at [email protected] so i can message you the details for the cruise when i know the exact time and date.

Hope to see as many out and about, and even if your still 50/50 bout it please message me and ill keep you updated.

All the best guys, Evan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry think i'll pass, Don't mind the whole gold coin donation thing for a cause like that BUT no ones gonna give me a gold coin donation after going thru the city and glenelg and back to the city with a chance like that to get a canary! Sorry!

If you get it endorsed by the Lukemia Foundation, inform the cops, generally to the hard work and get it well organised and "official", I'll wager you'll get a fare few people turning up.

If this is just an "espression of interest", based on the above I'm in, but if it's going to be ad hoc then forget it.

Best of luck.

Do you think the police will leave us alone if its for cancer treatment/prevention/awareness? Like what oosh said if its affiliated witht he leukeamia foundation then there is a good chance that they will not defect us! just need new clutch still: trying to organise it under warranty and they are taking there sweet frigging time!!!!!

If you get it endorsed by the Lukemia Foundation, inform the cops, generally to the hard work and get it well organised and "official", I'll wager you'll get a fare few people turning up.

If this is just an "espression of interest", based on the above I'm in, but if it's going to be ad hoc then forget it.

Best of luck.

Ill be informing the Leukemia Foundation that i will be trying to raise some funds for their organisation (the leukemia house is next door to my place) and i know a few mates in the police force, so i should have a few bases covered. Please email me at [email protected] if you are seriously interested and when i know exactully when and where the cruise will be ill let you know in advance. Im also trying to incoperate a small hills run possibly up Belair road for a meeting point.

All the best guys, thanks for the support so far!!

Regards Evan

PS) Whats a "ad hoc"

Edited by EMZ R33

Hey all, ive spoken to the police today (thursday 18/5) and they have asked me to, on the specific day, inform the police stations that i will be going past and they said that the cruise will be cool, as long as we aren't driftin' (around every corner) too much and acting like idiots, we should be ok. Ive also contacted one of the managers of the Leukemia Foundation and she has yet to get back to me, but all is looking good so far!

Ill post up the date of the cruise when im sure about a date but theres a good posibility that it will be on a sunday aprox 11 am, but thats all in the workings..........

Keep posted for date and venue locations

Regards Evan

PS) These are my new rims

RLRimAgain.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

Ive spoken to the leukemia foundation and im meeting with one of the state reps this comming monday (22/5) and should have something organised in the next few weeks.

Im gonna have some flyers together soon, but again the weather is a reall issue these days but ill try my best!!

All the best guys, Evan

Hi again poeple, im meeting with the Leukemia Founation tomorrow (monday 22/5) and should know more about the cruise in regards to getting flyers and details out.

Here is a rough guide for those who are still aaaaahhhhhh maybe.

Start in town (possibly Adelaide Oval car park)

down rundle and hindley streets

Down anzac highway and Jetty Road Glenelg

Pending on numbers and avaliability head to the Glenelg baseball club for lunch (grab something on the way, also bbq facilities avaliable)

Then possibly up Belair road for a short hills run....

and for those who want that little bit more, possibly run down to Victor Harbour if poeple are still interested at that point

But guys like i said this is still all in the works, i will inform people in the next few days in more detail as too specifics

Please let me know what you think about these possibly venues.

Regards Evan

Hi guys and girls,

Had a meeting with The Leukaemia Foundation and i have been given the all clear to include this organisation into the cruise. I am in the process of making a flyer and i will post it in this post and in the general post section. I will also be placing it up around Adelaide including the Glenelg area, Richmond, City, including the Royal adelaide hopsital and other places that i can place the flyer up.

Well again thatnks guys and girls for the support so far, ill get back to ya soon.

Regards Evan

• 2 months later...

Hello one and all,

Sorry its been a while between drinks for this post but i have officially struck a deal with The Leukaemia Foundation and its all good to go. Im just finilising a date and time for the event to take place (weather sucks) and what fits in with my shift work.

The Leukaemia Foundation have said they will display my flyer that ive made on there website in the near future. Ill add a reply as soon as its up on the site with a link to it. Otherwise can someone ifnform me how to put a word document on this posting.

Thanks a hea everyone who has showed an interest in this cruise.

All the best,

Kind Reagrds Evan