SAU Community

To Buy Or Not To Buy

Well thanks to Boosted who works for shannons (see R33 insurance thread), my decision on which car just got harder, he quoted me almost $1k less than any other insurance company for a rex

The quoted me ~$1770 for an 03 wrx, with $900 excess

My quote with justcar for an R33 is $1080 with a $1500 excess

An R33 skyline would be good as id save money for overseas next year, i know im only going to own it for a minimum of 1, max of 2 years, i dunno what to do :)

Edited by Sim

I also say you should buy non-modded. Then at least you can do what you want when you want (and make sure it's done properly!)

That was my intention.. though I fell into the trap of buying it and leaving it as it was since I bought it!!

as MrItaly! said, 180rwkw is a full exhaust, front mount and pod filter. thats maybe $1500 worth of mods?! Find a neat stock manual series 2 for $15K and spend $1500 on those enhancements and you will have your power target achieved.

mate u really gotta let me know where u gettin ur mods done that cheap!! :O

Well i was coming on here to ask the same question.

Basically i am after a white R33 type-M, has to be manual and has to have under 80k on the clock, has to be about 15k. I have had several talks with Joel form ausie car complance, as i know they DO NOT BUY cars withouth genuine log books, non of this winde the clock back stuff. All his cars look brand spanking new and a series 1.5 is about 15k here check the link

http://www.aussiecarcompliance.com.au/

ALSO for all those who are interested, i will be looking to buy my car when i get back from europe, in 3 months, so lets say early august to mid september. When i come to buy i will give $100 to the person that finds me THE car. No gimics or nothing, if you find me a car, and check it out for me, and it is the ONE that i buy in the end, you will get $100 scouts honor and eaven a contract if you like. SO keep an eye out all.

PS. YEss you herd right $100 to the person whos car i end up buying when i START looking, so don't reply now as i have nothign to give or spend. WHY>????? cos i live in Tasmania and i have no access to mainland cars so i need somone to have a look for me.

ta

i would just like to know if this technique worked at all??

thanks

mate u really gotta let me know where u gettin ur mods done that cheap!! :mellow:

well a copy hybrid cooler kit cost me $400, installed myself. and a full Just Jap stainless steel exhaust cost me $850. A pod and CAI would be $200, all of which could be installed by yourself :mellow:

well a copy hybrid cooler kit cost me $400, installed myself. and a full Just Jap stainless steel exhaust cost me $850. A pod and CAI would be $200, all of which could be installed by yourself :thumbsup:

keep forgettin u can get cooler kits that cheap now! whats the quality like on brand name rip-off coolers? i've alwayz been a bit skeptical but i don't really have a reason 2 b i suppose..

for 15 k, you will not get a perfect sII.

My friend just paid 14 and got an immaculate r32 gtst.

If I was to buy an r33 again, i'd be looking to spend around 20k

When I buy cars, I want them to be totally and utterly perfect. Just like my current one is. I mean not a single door dent. No swirlies, not a single scrape on the front bar. nothing. Guarantee you wont' get that for 15.

Edited by MANWHOR3