SAU Community

Ps2 'modifying' - Recommendations?

SKYLVIA

hey all,

just wondering, does anybody know of trust worthy PS2 Modifiers?

i live in ACT and im struggling to find one, but i suppose im willing to send my PS2, if i know it wont be stolen etc... so if youve dealt with some honest people, your opinion (and contact) would be great.

feel free to PM me, if your un-sure about posting.

any help would be great,

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If you've got the older style PS2 (the big chunky one) just do it yourself, there's plenty of tutorials... that's how I did mine. You can do a modchip-less hack of the PS2, all you need is a special savegame on your memory card and a PS1 game. Don't even have to open up your PS2, and let you put a hard drive into it...

yeah, i knew someone who did that, and recommended them to some mates without knowing this guys authenticity, turns out he was a fat lazy c**t and too forever to do it, then when it was "done" it didnt work.

i dont know where he is now, but i still feel guilty of my mates to this very day...

well someones kindly told me about a dude in canberra so ill check him out. although if no good looks like itll be going to syd for a make over...

id do it myself if i was confident. but im not, and if i "F" it up then i cant do much...

i did mine myself

PS2 Network adoptor - $30-$40

120Gig Harddrive - $Cant remember

PS2 CD HD-LOADER (real cant be copy or else wont work) - $50 -$100

and now i can load games on my hdd and play them using the hdloader software

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Who sold ya the cd? Cos they pulled a number on u!!

U guys are ballsy, ive seen inside a PS2, and the soldering joints are soooo small, id never have the guts 2 try!!!

ended up getting my ps2 chipped for $150, some might find it abit pricey, but work was guaranteed and supplied with an ABN. plus he's just across the road so if any probs he's easy to get to.

^^ i wouldnt try doing the ps2 myself either... they may be cheaper if anything goes wrong to buy a new one, but i just didnt wanna risk it. plus i suck at soldering...

but thanks for input anyway guys!

I know one shop in Chatswood (NSW) and they also have a chip-less hack where they use a cd loader and a piece of plastic hooks to pull the PS2 cd tray out (on the older PS2) so then you dont have to press the eject button and make the console protection program kicks in. Sorry Im not even sure how it works but it seem to be a new hack that keep you PS2 intact ie no chip, HD or network card.

oh ok, sounds interesting! i know the modchip is the quickest way to play NTSC/COPY/MULTI-REGION etc... but to get a modchip the ps2 needs to be opened, which cuts the warranty sticker on the back, and when you go to sell/trade your ps2 to Stores, (EBGames i know for a fact) wont buy it.

The HDD and Network thingy is a good way, but i think it wouldve been to expencive for HDD and netwrok thingy, then if your not very computer literate it may be hard to network games to the HDD. abit too complicate for myself.

this new thingy you speak of sounds ok, all depends on price though. i still think modchip is the quickest way to play everything (within reason) on your ps2. and if you can modchip the ps2 yourself, then dayum... that was a cheap modification! modchips dont cost that much, i think between $10 and $30

I know one shop in Chatswood (NSW) and they also have a chip-less hack where they use a cd loader and a piece of plastic hooks to pull the PS2 cd tray out (on the older PS2) so then you dont have to press the eject button and make the console protection program kicks in. Sorry Im not even sure how it works but it seem to be a new hack that keep you PS2 intact ie no chip, HD or network card.

new thats been around since the ps2 came out... was the 1st form of hacking :P

best place for information of hacking your ps2 (e.g no modchip hacks)

http://www.ps2hd.com/forums/