SAU Community

Vaporate Fuel Saving System

Copied from

http://www.vaporate.com/main.php

The internal combustion engine in your vehicle is powered by a mixture of intake air and Fuel Vapor. This Fuel Vapor is created from the atomized or liquid droplets that are ejected from the nozzle of your injector and exposed to that air which evaporates the liquid and forms the combustible mixture.

However only 80 to 85% of the liquid fuel you put into your tank is actually converted to vapor to power your vehicle. This loss of 15 to 20% of useable liquid fuel is expelled through your exhaust system as pollution.

Vaporate’s Patented Principle and applications heat the liquid fuel fuel in the pintle nozzle of the injector under its own pressure prior to ejection to convert the lost fuel to vapor before ignition.

You will experience savings of between 10 and 20% on total fuel costs. That means for every $100 you spend on fuel, you are likely to save between $10 and $20.

What are some of your opinions on this fuel saving system for a skyline?

Has anyone dome some testing of there own, including dyno readouts (before and after)?

Will it pay itself off say in a year?

Will a skyline loose power?

Can u get this for skylines?

Cheers

Ryan

I personally believe, at the end of the day, it isnt worth. At the end of the day, if something goes wrong, and engine rebuild is more expensive than the amount of fuel you *MAY* save. If you want to save fuel, retune your car to run 'leaner'

I have not got Vaporate on my skyline, however, I personally know two people that have had this system fitted to their vehicles.

person a - ef falcon 6 cyl - lotsa km's - pod filter and chip ( chiptorque)

person b - vx commodore 6cyl - 20 odd thou km's completely standard

Both people have told me that Vaporate has shown them an increase of performance and fuel economy and that it is a clear difference when driving the car.

I havent seen any conclusive evidence in the form of dyno sheets etc, but both of these people are in the automotive industry and are in " the know" when it comes to aftermarket products.

From what i have been told it is a small "collar" that is placed around the fuel injector nozzle to normalise tempretures in the tip of the fuel injector. It does not make the car run leaner it simply makes more of the fuel into vapour and thus increases the fuel air ratio.

Now please before I get a million ( or maybe 1 or 2) questions let me just state clearly, I am not a mechanic, I am not an expert on this product, I am just going on what I have been told by others who I would consider as experts.

I beleive that REPCO are the recommended sellers of Vaporate and any additional information of the product can be obtained through the REPCO store network.

i wouldnt be so hasty in writing vaporate off. i asked my mechanic about this product a while ago an he told me some intersting stuff about it. it was initially designed to increase performace on purely racing cars by increasing the efficiency of the injection system and the efficiency of the combustion cycle... the savings on fuel consumption were simply a by product of this process. it has been marketed as a fuel saving device for the simple reason that allot more people are interested in saving fuel than there are people interested in 'potentialy' increasing their cars power... as it says in the add - by heating the fuel just before injection a greater percentage of the fuel is mixed w the air in your engine... so your a/f ratio would be put out - but your cars computer of course instantly corrects this by injecting less fuel (as what is being used is now being completely mixed with the air) and so you get better fuel economy. you will not lose any power - if anything you might gain some

cheers

I think i read something the other day that said this was on the list that was proven to improve fuel economy by some trivial amount during testing by an american authority.

Isnt the idea to reduce temperatures of everything going into the cylinder, so you dont get pre-ignition? No doubt ill be wrong, i slept through chemistry at high school so im sure im way off the mark. However i'm interested to learn so feel free to correct me!

eyy dude, yeh i does sound like interesting stuffso ill give you my 5 cents for what its worth. say you fill up your car once a week or twice max, your probably saving like 10 dollars every fill up and a bit which is roughly 500 dollars a year. Ive been considering getting a cheaper car like an integra and been pissing some ppl on here off in the process with all my questions but if there is any risk or damage to the engine i wouldnt get the fuel saving system. Like at the end of the day if your a car lover, if you have to pay an extra 500 dollars a year to get enjoyment then id say its worth it. i wouldnt be putting my car at risk. thats my opinion anyway. good luck with it. catch

I reckon they're talking shit. I'll dig up a previous thread about this on another forum later.

Modern cars get almost 100% combustion efficiency. A year ago when this stuff first went to market, all their test vehicles were mid 80's old nuggets that could probably have had improvements from the top end seeing some servicing when they pulled the injectors out.

Put it this way. If a modern car was dumping 20% of its fuel out the back, do you think that the EPA would let it pass muster when it got ADR'ed?

I reckon they're talking shit. I'll dig up a previous thread about this on another forum later.

Modern cars get almost 100% combustion efficiency. A year ago when this stuff first went to market, all their test vehicles were mid 80's old nuggets that could probably have had improvements from the top end seeing some servicing when they pulled the injectors out.

Put it this way. If a modern car was dumping 20% of its fuel out the back, do you think that the EPA would let it pass muster when it got ADR'ed?

;) whered di you pull that figure from! its more like 20%

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/102spring2002_...%20-%20Main.htm

i say if youve got the money to spend go for it. i dout a major retail chain would sell a product that did nothing and was going to damage your car....

I said "combustion efficiency". Not thermal efficiency. I'm talking about what percentage of fuel injected into the cylinder gets burnt off, not how much of the power it is generating is actually useable rather than just heating up things that don't need to be heated up.

If a car was near 100% thermally efficient you wouldn't need a radiator.

Modern cars aren't perfect (they'll run a little rich to protect the engine in most cases) but in general they're not far off in terms of combustion efficiency.

Anyway, here's the promised response I prepared earlier (my post is on the second page).

Edited by scathing

Yeh its interesting. Would be good to see if it actually works or not and doesnt damage the engine in the mean time.

The guy at repco doesnt have a listing at all for the skyline but he said he could possibly get one. Approx price he said is $180 + fiting.

Yeah, those things are REALLY good. But they work best if you run 1:100 ratio of snake oil in your petrol...

Wanna buy some?

It's simple people, if these things (or any of the similar claiming gadgets) worked, EVERY taxi and courier van in the country would have them fitted.

Fuel is their major expense and even a 2% saving would be a big deal to them.

I'm unsure how other cars are setup but the turbo skylines run a water galley around the injector hole. I assume the idea is the same. Hot fuel vaporizes better. Sure there's the oring to insulate the injector but there is no doubt some of the heat will transfer.

Not worth the hassle. Convert it to gas. I remember some one on SAU has done so with good results. :)

I`m full stupid with cars but think about the engine gets very hot when u drive therefore the injectors will all so get hot the o ring wont stop much heat , can`t see that band heating it up better.

With gas don`t u get a "narrow" torque curve??

Just found some more things on e-bay with these few things and PTR33 snake oil u might never fill up again

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FUELEX-FUEL-PETROL-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SAVE-PETROL-More-Bh...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/High-Power-Performa...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FUEL-SAVER-Stromber...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hiclone-II-GENUINE_...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fuel-Saver-Mazda-2-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TURBO-LAUNCHER-FOR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bitron-Fuel-Savers-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I`m sure we have seen these things before but Im at work and got nothing better to do

Edited by GTR32GUS

Just make sure you don't fit all those gadgets to your car,

I know someone who did and they only got 10km down the road and their fuel tank overflowed because they were saving 110%.

:):D:)

'If'it atomises the fuel better then the fuel will burn more completely and produce more power from the same amount of fuel injected. Better atomisation is part of the reason for porting cylinder heads etc, reducing fuel puddling in the inlet etc.

So following the vaporate reasoning for its fuel efficiency improvement it would have to keep the injector hotter than the surrounding manifold, it would be interesting to see how that works on a water cooled manifold.

Of course there's something else that fuel does besides burning, it also cools the air (to what degree I don't know) and helps prevent detonation on high performance motors, whether or not the vaporate would affect the level of air cooling could be a factor in engine reliability.

One of the latest ways of getting more power and efficiency from the fuel is direct injection (injector right into the engine), not just into the inlet manifold.

Maybe the extra heat on a direct injection engine injector is one of the contributing factors to the improved fuel efficiency of a direct injection engine.

interesting site on direct injecton... http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/engine/petrol1.htm

To me it seems like its a little too easy, and for me to be convinced, I would have to see dyno figures.

Edited by gts4diehard

i have fitted this vaporate stuff to vehicles (when it first hit the market)and ive only heard shit like this car x got better hp and car y got better fuel econ but never seen real figures to back up there claims the advridge joe gets sucked in coz it advertised on tv saying it will save u heaps in fuel and money blar blar but when u add up the cost including labour of fitting this stuff it takes around 18-24mths (depending on how much driving u do) before it u brake even and becomes worth while thing

i was reading the paper today and looking at some new whiz bang 2006 2.4l turbo with 190kw (at flywheel) getting a 11.2l/100k's as stated by manufacturer and 11.9l/100k's proven on road. i put that against my 1994 190kw (at wheels) 2.5l turbo getting a proven 11.2l/100k's on road(even better if i could control my right foot). why bother with gizzmos that do crap and cost the earth to fit.

my 2 bob's worth anyway :cheers:

i was reading the paper today and looking at some new whiz bang 2006 2.4l turbo with 190kw (at flywheel) getting a 11.2l/100k's as stated by manufacturer and 11.9l/100k's proven on road. i put that against my 1994 190kw (at wheels) 2.5l turbo getting a proven 11.2l/100k's on road(even better if i could control my right foot). why bother with gizzmos that do crap and cost the earth to fit.

my 2 bob's worth anyway :P

I could go further to say, I had a 2.6 litre twin turbo with bigger aftermarket gear giving me 305awkw, and I was returning 12L/100km around town. Low comp, laggy, high boost setups are easy on fuel economy, unless you seriously put your foot down. Then watch the juice disappear in 200kms :cheers: