SAU Community

Insuring 2 Skylines

Hey all,

I am 20, turning 21 in July. Living in Montrose, Victoria (a safe area, not many cars get stolen etc). Off my P's in November and are planning to buy a 1996-1998, Series 2, R33 GTS-T, 5 spd manual in November when im off my P's. My driving record is flawless, not a single fine/conviction.

I thought that being off my P's will make things easier for me insurance wise if im going to be driving a turbo.

I currently drive a 1989, series 3, 5 spd man, R31 Skyline. I am going to to keep the R31 for running around/work and drive the R33 on weekends.

GIO is my current insurer and they are asking me to pay $460 for renewal third party fire and theft insurance and rating me as a Rating 5 driver.

I am pretty sure that GIO won't insure me on the R33 but I have a couple of places to ring to get a quote. All I am asking is does anyone have any insurers they can recommend to me or steer me clear of?

I am hoping to insure both cars with one insurer and save some $$$ because of it. At the moment just car and famous insurance seem like a good idea.

comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have found Shannon's to be very helpful and have very competitve rates with a very very good policy.

The Shannon's policy is much more client-friendly than the Famous policy (my previous insurer). Famous have all these restrictions and exorbitant excess if you are the only vehicle involved in an accident and so on.

I'm pretty sure there is an insurance thread kicking around somewhere. Has all the details for the import insurers.

well ive rang around and the best quotes ive had for full comp insurance for a 1996 series 2, GTS-T, 5 spd man. no mods insured for 14k is $1,480 from justcar. and $1,900 for shannons.

my r31 on the other hand, GIO offer me 3rd party fire and theft for $460 and RACV offering $530.

so im going with gio for the r31, have to wait till nov when i get my skyline before i insure.

im in the same boat as some of u, highly modified 96 r33 gtst and an imported r31 with mods, need to get them both insured but ill def b givin _8OO5TED_ a pm when i need to do it soon :dry: been told he works wonders :)