SAU Community

R33 Boot Badge (Nissan)

I've Had my nissan badge suddenly taken away from my boot lock!!!! Bloody Thiefs!!

But my question is where can i get another one and does anyone know if there are different types you can get.

and how do you put it on.

Cheers for the help if anyone knows :D

Hi,

Bad luck on the badging mate... anyway Justjap stock them from memory. I don't think they cost too much and they're new too. Unfortunately I think you'll need a seperate key for your boot now (not necessarily a bad thing). I'm not sure about the diff types but I think the GTR ones are a non-polished type and some of the othe ones I've seen on some of the GTS-T's are like a shiny smaller polished type.

Cheers

I was debadged last year and bought a new one from just jap, they were a little cheaper then though!!!

To fit the new one you have to unclip some of the boot lid lining around where the lock is and it is a simple case of pulling a long metal clip from the back of the badge, you will know what I mean when you see it. At first it doesn't feel like it will come of, but after a bit of jiggling it will and the lock will just come out.

I tried to swap the lock barrel of the old one with the new one, but it wouldn't have it, so I have 2 keys now, but who cares!!

Daniel

I was badged and replaced my boot lock a few days ago.

I didn't feel like carrying around another key just to open the boot so I took it to API Locksmiths in Artarmon (sydney) and they rekeyed the new barrel to my original key.

Easy.

Andrew. :uh-huh:

That's usually the only part that people steal when they badge the boot of a Sky, be a tuff time getting the whole lock assembly out. Not too sure though .... if it is possible to replace the hinged bit, your better off going to the wreckers and picking one up for next to nothing.