SAU Community

Importing Stagea, Who Complies?

huddy

hi there

thinking of getting a stagea in the near future, and would rather import one than source one here in aus. i'm from SA, and i think i heard that only places in QLD do compliance for stagea's???

i'm guessing that's where the car will land anyway upon arrival, so who does compliance and roughly how much is a basic compliance on them?

looking at a 97 series 1, rb25det auto

and is there anything else i should know about them? common problems etc? ( currently have a rb24 cefiro with 25box etc... so any other stuff besides basic stuff about rb's)

-Matt

hi there

thinking of getting a stagea in the near future, and would rather import one than source one here in aus. i'm from SA, and i think i heard that only places in QLD do compliance for stagea's???

i'm guessing that's where the car will land anyway upon arrival, so who does compliance and roughly how much is a basic compliance on them?

and is there anything else i should know about them? common problems etc? ( currently have a rb24 cefiro with 25box etc... so any other stuff besides basic stuff about rb's)

-Matt

hiya....welcome---as for compliance i can tell you that there is also a place in WA that complies stageas as they are currently doing mine now..they are a little bit more expensive then the places in QLD but they do comply them...good luck this chick cant wait until her baby is finally on the road :thumbsup:

Iamshe in Qld did mine. Very god work, cost about $3500,including new tyres

which are necessary under import rules.

[/quote

just curious wat kind of tyres did they give u?

Actually I have Federal 595 which Marc2 says are reasonably goodThere is a thread on Tyres on page 3.

Incidently the tyre supplier gave me $150 for the tyres on the car, and the car came with two wheels and tyres stock R33 and two Toyota wheels and tyres, which were swapped for about twenty god drift tyres for the S13.

im selling mine in adelaide if your keen

wtf? what for?

is that with or without 'standard' radio? :) LOL

:thanks:

Edited by Tangles

There are no laws saying certain cars cant tow over certain weights. That would mean every car would have to be tested.

SydneyKid tows a race R32 GTST and there are a few others that tow around drift cars etc.

Ive got a towbar on mine to tow, but never done anything over 1,000kg

sweet i just thought i heard something about the tow cars weight having to be something to be able to tow a big load like trailer & car...

i've done it before using a r31 hehe... so i didnt have doubts about the stagea, just wondering if its legal :S

hi there

-Matt

Matt,

there is a Stagea Buyer's Guide that I made and many have added to over time, so check that out and it may answer many of the questions you have.

The beauty of this section of the forum is that we are all helping and learning from each other, so the information and knowledge is shared.

Good luck with your search for a car, we are all certain you will enjoy the ownership experience! I know I have.

Nick

there are maximum weights you can and can't tow, depending on if the trailer has brake assistance or not, and also the weight of the tow car.

it doesn't have anything to do with the car being a stagea or not