SAU Community

Q45 Infinity?

Ghostrider

Has anyone owned or driven the Infinity? or know anyone that has?

They appear to be comparable to Stageas in power, economy and appointments, just a sedan Vs wagon, yet in the most part half the cost.

Cheers, D

They are good, but the ones that you can get into the country are nothing compared to a newer stagea.

They go pretty good, but again, there is no "upping the boost" to get more power. You will be hard pressed to mod the 4.5L cost effectivly.

Depends really mate. Do you want a GT wagon or a Luxo barge? If you want luxo barge, go the LS400(celsior) Type C F-Pack

A Stagea is a Skyline wagon.

A Q45 is a much bigger car. If the Skyline is a Japanese Commodore, then a Q45 is a Japanese Grange.

If you want to see what the current Infiniti Q looks like, check out the Infiniti USA site

If I was in the market for a car like that, I'd consider it. The engine isn't that bad (its big, torquey, and you can get parts for it. There are guys that have bored and stroked them out to 6.0L to make a lot of lazy power).

But then I'd just love to pimp out a Chrysler 300C if I needed a barge......

Actually, the stagea is based on the C34 laurel, hence the model code WC34. But then, I am sure you all know laurels are based on Skylines :)

Japan mans head -> Skyline -> Laurel -> Stagea is the bloodline

I'm looking for something nice to drive!

Not interested in making it go like stink, it has to be a daily driver and comfortable to boot.

I have been contemplating putting a 4L V8 into my MX83 Cressida and using that as both drive car & tow car.

I have my HR30 PNV that I can make go as slow or fast as I care, it's going to be a jump in and drive car, so a luxury barge isn't any problem.

Cheers, D

mx83 cressiadas are about 5-10k (10k grande model with all the fruit) about another grand for the motor, and a whole lot of f*cking around fettin it to fit. why not just go buy a celsior, look at this one VIP style

i rkn about 10k all up, and a much nicer car by the looks of it. thats just what i'd do personally, save the mx83 for 1j conversion

mx83 cressiadas are about 5-10k (10k grande model with all the fruit) about another grand for the motor, and a whole lot of f*cking around fettin it to fit. why not just go buy a celsior, look at this one VIP style

i rkn about 10k all up, and a much nicer car by the looks of it. thats just what i'd do personally, save the mx83 for 1j conversion

As I don't want a yard full of cars, the Cressida will be getting the flick, to someone more endearing, but for those that are interested, it's this that I'm thinking of sinking my money into.

Cheers, D

• 1 month later...

Yeh i drive a 1990 Infiniti Q45, a 4.5L V8, nothing like a Stagea...

Drives very nice indeed, the luxury of the car is awesome, definitely the logical equivalent of the V8 toyota soarers. For the price, i dont think u can get a much more well appointed car. Electric seats and sunroof, pretty much everything u could want...

I thought your cressida was going to be a 10x better car than any Infiniti...?

They are a pretty nice car, well built with a good engine. With around 300-310hp and ~450nm torque standard they go alright for a big car. It should be a pretty good ride if it has standard or active(pretty much hydraulics) suspension. Mine has coilovers in it and the ride isnt the best but the car handles suprisingly well. IMHO they are a better built car with a better motor then the celsior/ls400 but unfortunately those looked better though, so not as many early Q45s sold. They sold here between 93-97 for ~$140,000..

Another note, Infiniti is spelt with an 'I' not a 'Y'

• 2 months later...
I thought your cressida was going to be a 10x better car than any Infiniti...?

They are a pretty nice car, well built with a good engine. With around 300-310hp and ~450nm torque standard they go alright for a big car. It should be a pretty good ride if it has standard or active(pretty much hydraulics) suspension. Mine has coilovers in it and the ride isnt the best but the car handles suprisingly well. IMHO they are a better built car with a better motor then the celsior/ls400 but unfortunately those looked better though, so not as many early Q45s sold. They sold here between 93-97 for ~$140,000..

Another note, Infiniti is spelt with an 'I' not a 'Y'

THE UPDATE

I looked at the Infinity and for such a large car I was very disappointed in the space it had to offer. Both interior and boot space, left a lot to be desired. The only attraction was the goodies, but I can live without them.

Anyway, after some serious discussion with a few different owners, both Infinity & Stagea I decided on a new track, it's not a Nissan, but by god it's probably the best touring car I have driven to date.

360Nm @ 3600, 196Kw @ 6000 n/a and V8 quad cam 32V.

Yes I did a 1UZ FE conversion to my Cressida, pics attached.

Thanks for the ideas.

Cheers, D

• 4 weeks later...

I just did a 2010km round trip to Melbourne & back.

In this over 2000km romp I used just 210L of fuel.

That's 10.5L/100km in my V8 Cressida.

How many Infinities can boast that and for that matter Stageas as well.

Cheers, D

• 1 month later...

Cheers, D

Well, I have never done a trip that big, but I can tell you that the Q45 was built for highway driving...

Under 2000rpm @100km/h

I think it would do fine on the big trips

• 2 weeks later...

The Q45 is a full-size car.

The original generation was the North American version of the Nissan President, with the last 2 generations being the North American version of the Nissan Cima.

In the Australian market, it is about the size of the Caprice/Statesman.

• 9 months later...

Cheers, D

I did a trip to ballarat, and used 75L of fuel (Just under a tank)