SAU Community

Need Insurance? Want Cheaper Insurance?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

**** me drunk..... $2722 from JCI. I'm 26 years old, last accident was 3 years ago as well as my last speeding fine.

This is ridiculuous. Not even counting the eleventy billion dollars they want in excess fees should something goes wrong. I was quoted $1700 when I was looking at an R32 GTR (not modified) and Honda Integra Type R.

I'm going to wait and see what Famous offer me.

- J.

Got a call yesterday from Robin @ Famous. She gave me $2700. When I mentioned that I had received other quotes and mentioned Just Cars had given me the same figure she immediately dropped it to $2500.

I also asked about the monthly installments and how that works. I was quite happy. I was a little sketchy about the requirements thing for leaving it on the road things like that so I asked. She said it was primarily to prevent people leaving it on the street overnight while they slept. So it's one thing if you go out to a nightclub all night and leave it on the street, it's another if you crash a mates place and leave it on the street and it gets burged.

I will read the fine print more closely but to be honest I'm almost definitely going with Famous I have to say.

Shannon's were nice but they just couldn't help me. Robin at Famous was great. :rofl:

- J.

• 2 weeks later...

I am with famous, 1,500 with 1,000 excess. They dont care what mods you have as long as they are legal. they want receipts for all mods, and pics of engine, interior and exterior. Minimum 3 point immobiliser. Will cover custom paint jobs, but not harlequin paint and get to choose own repair shop.

Just cars quoted 1,570, BUT with a 1,700 excess (WTF??). So chose Famous instead. Havent needed t make a claim (touch wood) so dont know about their claim service.

Oh that is for 1995 R33 gtst with a few mods, and over 30 yrs.

Drivebai: I have front mount too, sent them receipts and all is good. havent been asked to prove if any mod I have is legal so far. maybe at worst they could reques an engineer certificate, but I just plucked that one. about to send off some more mods to them, let you know if I have any dramas. Dont quote me , but I believe that if you dont declare mods, a claim can be refused, (dont know anyone that has been in that situation though)

yeah i just got a frount mount and i am with famous. i wasn't sure if they were going to jack up the premium by like hundreds of dollars just cos of it.

Didn't know whether to tell em about it.. how can you prove if its legal..

Declare it. They know about mine and it's all ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there are a couple of people who have written about making claims with Famous in this thread. If not there is another thread somewhere in this section where they talked about it. From what I can remember there were no issues because all of their stipulations were followed (the main ones being parked in your own garage overnight if at home, and telling them about all the mods). No one had their car stolen from their own garage either I think. Which is good :P

I'd search for the exact posts for you but I'm at work (well, really it's because I'm lazy)

• 3 weeks later...