SAU Community

O2 Sensors On A Gtr R33

just curious about O2 sensors on a GTR, do i have to buy genuine nissan ones or i can get aftermarket ones? and what aftermarket ones can i get to make them work?

no u dont have to run geniune ones

i see you are in brizzy give brisco butler a ring there located in windsor they deal with all auto electrial

stuff and they will supply u a bolt in replacement ones

frank price varies a lot depending on where you go. As cliche as it is, a searcg would reveal a lot of threads about replacement O2 sensors for RB26s. It seems that the EL Falcon sensor is only good for RB25 or something like that - you most certainly can use an aftermarket one but you'd have to search to find a part number.

For what it's worth mate :yes:

i just replaced the sensors in my 32 GTR last week and got them from global efi, they are vl commodore items, u just need 2 replace the plug on the rear sensor with the orig 1. thats if the 33 is the same???

r32 and r33 have different oxygen sensors.

r32 is itanium and r33 is some other format.

front and rear sensors have different plugs in both models i believe.

r33 gts/gtst can use falcon el sensor, its just a generic 3 wire 02 sensor but its easier to ask for ford falcon el than R33 gtst at your local parts dealer.

nowadays its not such a big problem. NGK website has part #'s for BNR32 sensors with matching plugs

the gtrs have the same sensor, made of the same material

Having the same problem, hence why i started my own thread!!

Just to clear things up. Both R32 and R33 GTR's use a sensor made out of titania. Both use a three wire plug and both have a voltage range of 0 to 1 volts. This is why the Power FC is generic for both in regards to the O2 sensors. The ONLY difference is the thread size of the sensors.

R32 GTR: 12mm thread

R33 GTR: 18mm thread (spark plug thread)

Now, both use the same plug formats as well i believe, which differ from the front one and back one.

The factory serial numbers (genuine nissan) for these items are:

R32: Front - 22690-05U21 (Flat 3 wire plug)

Rear - 22690-05U22 (Square 4 pin plug)

Alternatives - front - NTK OTDF-P1P

rear - NTK OTDF-P1L1

R33: Front - 22690-24U02 ($209 from Metro Nissan Brisbane)

Rear - 22690-24U01 ($212 from Nissan)

So as you can see, buying genuine nissan is just being A$$ raped, hence why i am looking for alternatives.

Tony