SAU Community

Permits for Pod Filters

EVL R33

Originally posted by EVL R33

rev,

I'm chasing around the 500hp mark,  and most guys I talk to tell me the stock box will not handle that...  I could always leave it and see,  I just put a new K&N Panel filter into it too!!!!!  ha ha ha

The std airbox will handle the power. If it doesn't (and it will) you can change it later. Find something better to blow money on.

Saves on the permits and extra $$ for two pods and the airbox (must have item or go backwards in power).

Also the filter change does bugger all to increasing power. People do go on and on about it but when you see the 'real' results you would laugh.

Leave pods for the NA civic boys its one of the only mods they can do. :)

Guest KILLER-T

Hi Brett go to the East Perth pits and see Inspector Miles he was real easy going with all item's on my car and gave me permits for everything :uh-huh:

The one time I went to welshpool to get a permit, the guys were real assholes! I told them my car was complied with everything that was on it at the time, and they told me there was no way on earth they would give me a permit.

I do want to get a permit for everything, I have been pulled over several times. Luckily so far I have not had to lift the bonnet. If I had to I'm sure I could never mask my pride!!! I would be smiling like a Cheshire cat. Get a canary for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by EVL R33

I will be needing to upgrade my airbox as it won't flow enough for the goodies I have got

Why do people persist on getting high flow air filters for the purpose of trying to gain miniscule amounts of horsepower.

Personally, id rather a filter that actually stops dirt from entering my motor, rather than having a whopping 2hp more.

The exact reason i flogged my HKS foamie off to some unsuspecting sod and replaced it with a K&N.

"High Flow" is merely a buzz word for "doesnt stop half the shit its meant to".

Red17

ok this how I got the damm Permits for my old skyline...

Cop stoped me cuz thought my exhaust was too loud, gave me yellow defect sticker.

so I went to pit, engineer checks all out A. ok. even tested.

I asked him if I can get a permit for it? so I dont get hassel, he said go to the licencing centre and pay the permit, which was $28.20. "Vehicle Examination - MODIFICATION PERMIT.

I got permit for following.

-Fitment of cone type Air filter

-Exhaust noise at time of testing within legal limts.

-Fitted with 110mm tail pipe extension (my muffler :()

-All other exhuast componets are standard (he dint even look :))

-aluminium racing padles

signed such and such...etc.

so there you go!

cheers

Joe

I got a canary for my Blitz BOV being too loud, so i took it straight down to welshpool and i got done like a dinner:

BOV too loud, reticify: Took trumpet off, made it really quite.

Radius rods, fit original or approved type: when i went down a second time, i took the originals with me.

High level brake lights not working: i had to ask a few people at welshpool want this meant coz the first guy didn't explain it to me... What it mean was the standard rear spoiler brake light wasn't working, so i took it apart and resoldered a new diode onto the board and it worked again...

Tint too dark: I had limo tint on the quarter panels, so i removed it.

O2 sensor in CAT not connected: There is no O2 sensor in cat, so i had to point out where it is.

Brakes binding: ?????? apparently when they jacked the car up (nearly destroying my side skirt), they spun the wheel and said it didn't spin freely... They never checked it again when i went back...

Pillar guages obstruct view: I spoke to Bill about this and the thing to be careful with is the top pillar guage is not to be in front of the steering wheel, so in an accident to don't smash your face against it, but i just removed mine to get it over...

There were a few other bits and pieces, but i cant remember

In the end i got a permit for my BOV, exhaust with a 120mm outlet :) , radius rods and pod filter...