SAU Community

Dyno An Gtr34 V-spec On Rwd Mode On A 4wd Dyno

Hi guys,

If we remove the 4wd fuse (gtr34 v-spec) to measure the rwkw on a 4wd dyno, what will affect or damage to the drive line??

In normall driving condition (without torque split), is it true that the gtrs are running permanant on 25% front and 75% rear power??

Any explains would be appriciated, CHEERS !!!

Guest Mashrock

but i would not put it on a 2wd dyno without removing the fuse like in the 32gtr. i am unsure about 34gtr but i beleive its similar.

as I mentioned, we had to run it in rwd mode (on a 4wd dyno) because during the tuning the 4wd check light came on and the torque didn't split at all. So the mechanic took a risk !!!

What the mechanic did is fine on an R32...

R33/34 - consider the equivalent of slipping the clutch for the entire dyno run.

take a poke through the forums, have a search and I am sure that there will be a technical thread about it . Understand WHY it is not a good idea (its not...).

but i would not put it on a 2wd dyno without removing the fuse like in the 32gtr. i am unsure about 34gtr but i beleive its similar.

Its not similar. You won't damage the R32 like that.

Edited by ebola

as I mentioned, we had to run it in rwd mode (on a 4wd dyno) because during the tuning the 4wd check light came on and the torque didn't split at all. So the mechanic took a risk !!!

mentioned where? call me blind but in this thread you havent said anything about that

Anyways...

Please search, common topic this is for GTR owners.

And if your mechanic doesnt know this... i wouldnt take the car back there as they have no idea (obviously)

To answer the question briefly, the shaft MUST be removed.

This is crucial. Just pulling the fuse will still cause wear to the clutch packs in the 4WD transfer case as its not in "true" RWD mode with the drive shaft still connected.

yess. just incase. any awd post r32. you cant just pull the fuse as youl burn out the transfer case.

as its "preloaded"

as a general rule. if the cars got 2 drain plugs on the transfer case you can. if its only got 1 plug. you cant

I did search about this attesa controll topic, but I haven't satisfied because all GTRs can use after market torque split controlls (such as an HKS unit for example) to adjust the desire split levels. I've seen some footages about street drag in Japan, gtr33 and gtr34 did a massive burn out b4 they lined up. Hmm, how did they manage to do that without burning the clutch packs in the transfer case???

What I'm thinking is when we adjust the torque controll module at 0, means no torque transfer, isn't this equivalent to remove the fuse ( no torque transfer too) ??? can any one make this clear?? CHEERSS !!

why keep asking opinions if you are not going to beleive them?

the correct info is in this thread. 32 is fine to run in rwd mode indefinately due to different attesa pump preload on the plates in the transfer case. 33 and 34 all 4wd systems always have some front drive.

we make attesa controllers. They modify the signal to the computer to go rwd only, but that does *not* change the preload in later models so we recommend not using rwd mode in 33 and 34.

And a burnout is one thing (let the case slip for a while), and they may have line locker for the front brakes, but a dyno is totally different. What would happen if you have the rear on the rollers, start to spin the rollers, wheel speed sensors show rears are slipping so computer sends torque to the front wheels. I don't want to be standing nearby.

Mashrock: yeah its true now go back into your room and talk to the little fairies and stuffed toys that talk to you.

Either you have no idea or youve been smockin to much crack