SAU Community

Initial D

eMsta

Well, I will be watching tokyo drift most probably this weekend - so I decided to start off my weekend with another import racing movie, "initial D". Story was a waste of time! But the racing was sooooooooooo cool!! The old school rx7 and the gtr looked bloody awesome!!!! Its in chinese or japanese, but there were subtitles - though that proved hard when I was gawking at the cars like a 10 year old school boy :P .

Anyway, if no one has seen it, Id recommend it, just for the cars, the skids, the high reving. The only down side to it as I said was the story was lacking sooo bad! The other thing is, there is some fat rich kid in that who was annoying the shit outta me!

Wished, they had the newer cars - but still, one can really appreciate the R32 gtr when its going around those mountains....sooo nice...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439630/

Anyway, I will post before I go to watch Tokyo drift on the weekend - maybe I will see some of you guys around.

I have only seen it recently too, but I wonder how much of the story is lost in the translation to english? is it dummed down for the american audience - just look at crouching tiger, I remember one scene where they sat down for tea and explained what you should have figured out so far, it was at thet point I had to stop watching and go find a copy with the propper subtitles...

"You'll nevar beet my R model car!"

"Teh GTR can nevar lose!"

* sigh

Such fond Initial-D engrish translation memories...

All I can say is thanks to all those Chinese pirate DVD bootleg sweatshops and their laclustre screening process for good English subtitle writers. You made my cheap, bootlegged eBay DVDs so much more satisfying.

I have not seen the Initial-D live action movie though. Cartoon to 'real' conversions have left me scarred since "Super Mario Bros" and "Masters of the Universe".

ahhaha...

the movie is okkk... but it was very rush, they try to inc stage 1,2,3 in one moive and it didnt work.. you end up with a story line thats all mixed up and really doesnt follow the anime at all... still goo movie

love when the evo goes bang unside down hehehe

Should have start your import movie a year ago :laugh:. Don't know if you knew that Initial D has cartoon version too.

Haha, yeah - I shoudl have! Was an even bigger n00b back then! Just watched tokyo drift - couldnt wait till the weekend - man, soo much better than 2f2f!! The cars! The women! The whole plot was actually better than the 2nd one! But the thing i knew was gonna happen was that the ending was gonna be between a Jap machine and a Yank machine. atleast the mustang had the s15 engine in it.

Favourite part(s) - When han was going around that r33 gtr. 1) it looked so cool, 2) the chics in that were so hot :D

The other one was the chase - where the rx7 and the evo were trying to get away from the 350Z. Was totally awesome.

The only downside is, the movie makes people feel soo energised - its very intense. Hopefully, the recently licenced dont get all hyped up and do what the guys did in the movie.

Edited by emsta2003

the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-drift-car-of-the-day-rb-powered-mustang-20060531034530244.jpg

the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-drift-car-of-the-day-rb-powered-mustang-20060531034526431.jpg

wow..... s15's have rb26's! y0

Crap - was that an RB26 in the movie???? Ok, now it makes more sense as to why/how that car kept up with the 3-fiddy Z

Edit: why did they show the damaged s15 then? The emsta is confused - he mite have to see the movie again :D

Edited by emsta2003

I still think the 1st was the best, this third one come second and the second one is rubbish :D.

You can see typical Yanks try to promote the Z and the EVO but didnt' want to upset their texas cowboys (American muscle fan) so they used the Mustang yet they had the RB26 in it so that they don't upset the Jap either, pretty smart.

I belive they try to us a HINT that VIN DIESEL will be back and obviously there will be FnF four.

u guys seriously have to watch the anime series 4th stage.

its the craziest stuff, with full tech talk about cars and stuff. i know its a "cartoon" but i garentee after watching the 1st 4 eps ull be hooked

get it here

http://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=2118

i thought the movie was the biggest load of crap and if u really thought that was a good movie there are millions of japanese and hong kong movies about drift....but just havnt made a name for itself.