SAU Community

Where....oh...where... Is That Damn Tacho Wire..

Greebo

G'Day guys,

I've just had a Viper alarm fitted to my '95 R33GTR and my sparky asked me where the Tacho wire is located and since neither he or I can read Japanese we are a little lost....

I dont want a solution that connects to the consult port as I plan to actually use the port soon.

Anyone??

Thx

Greebo

Maybe try downloading an Apexi manual from the Apexi website? It should list the tacho wire as some of their piggybacks need to use it. Possibly the SAFC?

That'd tell you from the ECU which colour or position it is in...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• back when I had my Ceffy (auto RB20DET) I remember the wiring being a mashup of R31 GTSR and S13, and not really R32. It all made sense when I realised the Ceffy started production in 88 and the Skyline in 89.   We ended up hand tracing a lot of it while trying to add an alarm/immobiliser etc.
    • wao, this page is good https://v8roadsters.com/product-category/engine-conversions/engine-conversion-lsx/engine-conversion-lsx-nab/
    • No worries.  I have a set of Zeals to get me through for the moment but would definitely be interested in a full set of Bilsteins. Are you doing race support these days? I drove past the Bend when I picked up the 260 rs but never driven the course. How does it compare to SMSP? I'll be at SMSP tomorrow afternoon and on the 26th of June in the morning. I'll be in a very loud (straight through exhaust and straight cut gears) silver R35 GTR. Cheers, Andrew  
    • Hey all. I'm up to doing my oil and water feed lines. Has anyone done a tutorial on this on a 25det Neo? ( I know i should be asking for a tutorial on how to use the search instead, but I couldn't find anything specific) I'm running a Pulsar 3584 on a 6 boost manifold. I could use some advice on what fittings, sizes and where to run the lines. Thanks for any help.  
    • Hi, I have someone interested, if it falls through I'll let you know.  I have a brand new set of fronts that  I sourced from Bilstein UK, now revalved and complete with springs to go with the very lightly used rears, if you are interested in a full set. As Duncan has mentioned this is not my job, I sold my suspension business over 10 years ago, but I am here to help when I have the time.  To give you some idea of my schedule I was at SMSP for the State Championship for 4 days the weekend before last.  Then The Bend for 4 days last week and back at SMSP testing this week, a day visit to One Raceway, then the SMSP Day Night meeting the weekend after.  I was hoping to squeeze in a dyno day with Scott on my R32 this week, but that's not going to happen, that's the second time I have had to postpone. Apologies if my responses are slow.   Cheers Gary