SAU Community

Good Engine Rebuilder?

B0oStEr

John Hill of JHH Engineering

Another one for JHH.

Just you need to listen to what he says. Dont go in half cocked that you want this and this. Say what you want to get out of the car, answer his questions, and you should have a VERY nice engine.

i third jhh.. iv got 2 of his engines a ca18 and rb26.. never had a drama with any of his work.. we pump 2bar into the ca18 on pump fuel wihtout any issues.. in my opion his one of the best around qld.....

• 2 years later...

thought id bring up an old topic. can someone suggest a engine builder/balancer that will do exactly what u ask. unlike the moron i used that did half the job his way and then refused to finish it (and charged double the verbal quote).

there is one that has been recommended that i would not use, will not mention but has been lissted a few times.

i had my machining done there, and i had to get another shop to do a quick job on my crank and they found the crank had 8thou

run out, the crank was full of metal and had not been cleaned, my block had marks in the bores from the hone being dragged out

and 2 welsh plugs missing from the oil gallerys. the big ends on my rods were not true. all up i had to sepnd another $1200 to fix everything

I do highly recommend John Wilson Engineering at southport. hell my rb20 revs to 9k and makes just over 400rwhp. cant complain

$4K for pull down, machining, full head service including guides, blueprinting and assembly. Any cheaper and id be questioning the quality.

is this for a standard rebuild, or using stronger internals?

i realise "how much for a rebuild" is like asking how long is a piece of string, but just curious roughly what parts are used

is this for a standard rebuild, or using stronger internals?

i realise "how much for a rebuild" is like asking how long is a piece of string, but just curious roughly what parts are used

no parts...parts are extra on top of this

the above price includes the assembly to be fully balanced.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Another one for JHH.

Just you need to listen to what he says. Dont go in half cocked that you want this and this. Say what you want to get out of the car, answer his questions, and you should have a VERY nice engine.

ANOTHER ONE FOR JOHN HILL AT JHH. He built my 25/30 and did all the headwork on my 26/30.

Now if only I could find the number lol.....