SAU Community

My Car Is Stalling....

kate_sk8r

A while ago my car stalled while i was driving through a carpark. Being that the Power Steering fluid is all connected the result was like trying to steer a whale. I thought it was weird.

Since that time It has happened on occasion...

Ill be driving along turn a corner (so in low gears -usually 2nd)... A split second after changing into 3rd gear I realise there is something ahead which I have to slow down for eg:round about/ speed hump and slow down by releasing the accelerator and pressing the brakes....

Anyways the car then stalls and I find myself driving without power steering into whatever is infront of me.

This is getting dangerous, because the only course of action is to turn the ignition and restart the car, put it back into 2nd gear and drive off.

Alternatively if I am riding the clutch the car doesnt stall...

What is going on?

What do I need to do?

:D

Atmospheric... a BOV that blows the boost pressure into the atmosphere.

Mine did this, and the BOV came with the car, so I bought a stock one.

contrary to popular belief the problem is not related to an atmo bov, more than likely the culprit is a demonic midget sucked into your cold air intake causing a blockage, when most air is required on hard acceleration or low gear acceleration the midget doesnt allow sufficient airflow causing stalling.

hope that helped, cheers semo

ps. midgets will bring upon us the apocalypse