SAU Community

Loose Front Bar

Ezz35

anyone know much about this? when it comes to body parts im pretty clueless.

but my front bar has slowly moving away from my head lights where there is now bout 2cm gap under the light and the top of the bar, and i can just giggle it with my had....

anyone with any tips on how to fix this/make it more rigid??

Edited by Ezz35

I have exactly the same problem..............

Take the front bar off first, you should see a metal front bar (don't know what thats called), should have two metal bits going into the chasis of the car and there should be two nuts and bolts connected to each piece. Chances are, one of them is loose and its moving the metal bar thus causing the slip. On mine, one of the bolts is f**ked and broken so the whole metal bar just sits on a slight angle, you can try to push it back up but it'll just come back down again in a few minutes.

hope that helps....im not too hot on the technical names for the metal pieces

Mine does this slightly. It cannot be pushed upo any further for some reason. Maybe due to a previous acident or something i am not sure. But when i got my new GTR frontbar on teh other week, they said they experienced the same difficulties i had when i was playing around with my original frontbar as it was starting to drop back then too.

duct tape and cable ties are your friend

these are holding my front bar in place...

and yes i am serious

2 screws 3 cable ties and alot of tape :thumbsup:

Take the front bar off first, you should see a metal front bar (don't know what thats called), should have two metal bits going into the chasis of the car and there should be two nuts and bolts connected to each piece. Chances are, one of them is loose and its moving the metal bar thus causing the slip. On mine, one of the bolts is f**ked and broken so the whole metal bar just sits on a slight angle, you can try to push it back up but it'll just come back down again in a few minutes.

hope that helps....im not too hot on the technical names for the metal pieces

Maybe you mean the Front bar re-enforcement or "reo"?

Might have to get the frontbar checked out by your local mechanic/panel beater.

Does your frontbar jiggle around or does it stay firm but is sagging?

yeah im thinking im gonna have to take it to a mate of mine whos a panel beater, it dose jiggle around now, i can actually fit my fingers in the gap now so its growing bigger by the day!!! :

You oughta do it soon aye, if you can fit your finger in it must be som serious sagging.

Is your frontbar a factory or aftermarket one?

If it's a factory bar it's most probably something to do with the reo as 90% of the frontbar bar is attached via the reo. If it's an aftermarket frontbar, maybe the mounts are coming loose? It's not unusual for aftermarket sideskirts to sag after a few years even if it's mounted correctly, I assume it can be the same way for frontbars

Anyway, good luck getting it fixed & I hope it doesn't cost you too much champ :D

Theres no need to take the whole front bar off all that is needed is for you to go gumby with your arms and reach into the reo's,(thats the metal bar that the front bar is suppported by), support arms and loosen the back one and the front one on both of the supports that the reo has..

Get someone to lift it up to the right level while you retighten them back up again,wallah!!!

Jack the car up and work from underneath i think that it'll be allot easier..Make sure that you have somthing underneath the car just incase the jack gives way...:wub:

reo_bolts.bmp

took it to my mates shop today, we had a good look, there is no suport bars holding the bar in place!!! :) just this black glue(cant remember what its called) thats come lose!!! its startin on the other side. its a 400r bar so it hasnt bn installed properly :P

anyway car is goin there monday morning to have the suport bars installed and all set up nice a flush again :rofl:

i sold him the wreck of my other line dirt as so hopefully hes gonna hook me up with some for free stylez :P

ps its a 400r front bar

No re-enforcement bar?! Be very grateful you haven't had a front-ender lol Aren't they meant to absorb most of the impact in a crash?

I saw a reo bar for sale on powerplayimports.com.au for $200(?) so if you can get it for free off your mate go for it.

The bar must have been attached with that black glue via the side fenders & headlights I'm assuming?