SAU Community

Importing A R32 Gtr From Nsw

eddy300zx

Hey guys

im looking at buying a GTR and theres alot in NSW im interested in ones that are in my price range. I was wondering what is involved with registering it in WA and was wondering is WA more stricter than other states? this one im looking at has a few mods, aftermarket exhaust system , Greddy intercooler , momo steering wheel (no horn!). and yeh was just curious if it would be a huge drama too bring one over from the eastern states an registering it here. oh btw its a R32 GTR too

wa is more lenient than other states , but that doesnt mean that the car was modified like that when it was registered in nsw though , it probably wasnt.

exhaust is ok if not to loud , dont know about the no horn though , youll probably have to do something about that .

to reg it you rock up to the pits with your current proof of ownership and registration and they check it out and give you your wa plates and reg if its cool and you pay the fee

you shouldnt have any problems

just make sure it passes legal height requirement (100mm from lowest point on car) and make sure it's not too loud or get a silencer or replacement exhaust to pass the pits..

you will need a horn to pass aswell

when they pass the modifications get permits for them as you dont want to be goin over the pits everytime pick on ya

yeh. well heres the car pretty much

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/...rch_distance=25

as you can see

Tein coilover suspension;

17" Sparco alloy wheels;

Front & rear strut brace;

Brake master cylinder brace;

N1 front bumper;

GReddy intercooler;

Momo steering wheel;

HKS turbo timer;

Boost gauge;

M's air filters;

Aftermarket exhaust;

Addzest rear speakers;

altho its selling with a RWC i guess that dosnt mean shit in WA tho ey?

yeh well..

im curious is why its selling so cheap, altho the guys selling another GTR for 20k with alot more mods. and theres also a GTR selling with a N1 motor i was ringing around the other day. there is a gTR for 16k as well but i dont know.. i was talking to him on the phone about the history and the bottom end got rebuilt and ugh .. apparently his brother put a different chip in it befor handing it over. and yeh just f**ked the motor.. so this is my other option. im just curious on whats it going to take too register it here.. like if its the same price as getting one from japan i probally wouldnt bother. I saw a few on ebay going for sale too one with a screwed bonnet an that sold for 12,200 and a few others under the 15k mark. main reason i want the GTR is for traction i had a 300zx and god it felt floaty. and it was an auto! oh an dont forget the repair bill . i was going to buy a skyline at the start but i wanted looks and now i want something a lil more.. racey i guess you could say but safe as well. oh btw to the above poster did you mean for someone to go check it out as in see if somethings wrong or do you think it would be a good buy?

aye i want to buy local, but the problem is theres not many R32 GTRs iv seen peters yellow one. and the others are out of my price range. yet the eastern states is abundant with them, it has to be a GTR tho. i could probally dosh out 17-18k for a GTR but yeh thats as far as i can go, as my ZX that im selling to my dad for 15k and going to pay the rest of the cash off. ugh GTR woes!

yeh thats the one. yeh there expensive but iv seen a few on ebay going for cheap but one had a dung bonnet and a red one i think was sold for like 14,300 that was ok, but yeh the one on carsales has my interest im just worried if i buy it and get it registered would they have to take the intercooler out since its not standard? an replace the exhaust because man that would suck.

They would be the least of your worries dude. Id say you have no problems over the pits with them. for $16k expect a rebuild in the next few months. Im sure there are people on here with similar stories, I think some dude on here bought a cheapish GTSt and it popped. So just factor that into your budget.

yeh that was what i liked about peters. had a R33 GTR engine in it , altho. could i get NRMA too check it out? they would be able to tell if its f**ked or not ey? god i wish i knew people in NSW or had some family over there

there is no way i would buy a gtr for 16k . if you do put away 10-20k to fix it , rebuild , body work , whatever else . seriously its going to be a low grade car

and if your worried about repair and maintainence costs of your 300zx you havent seen anything yet

it will be more than 20,000 to fix it .... I am on the other side of the excitment of the buy now.

Fantastic cars ... but you cant get a GP to work on them, you will need a nurosurgeon if your not mechanichly fluent.

there is a blown one for 12000 with a few good parts on it ... as everyone wants to customize there performance this would be much better .. a clean slate etc ....

Failing that buy a cheap one and start eating cheaper food because when you do something like a rear dump Gasket only!!! I wany see what you say ED to 1200 dollars labor ...:thumbsup: just one example and mines a good one

It is amazing how suddenly everyone is an expert in how much rebuilding RB26's cost & also how people can know to the last km how much life a car has in it. All this without even seeing a car.

To be honest, importing a car from NSW is probably not the best way to go about it. If you want to look at the car before buying it, you will need airfares & accomodation plus a few days to organise it. (Say $1000).

If you do buy it you need to transport it over (another $1000 atleast).

Yeah it is cheap, but I don't think it has been registered - which means you need to be careful with paperwork to make sure you don't run into any undue hassles.

Truth be told it is much, much easier to buy a car locally. You can look it over, get it checked out & be assured you won't have any problems with registration etc. After factoring everything in, prices will work out much the same in the end.

Golden rule for buying GT-R's: Buy a good one, not a cheap one. If you are marginal on funds, don't buy one at all.

It is amazing how suddenly everyone is an expert in how much rebuilding RB26's cost & also how people can know to the last km how much life a car has in it. All this without even seeing a car.

Golden rule for buying GT-R's: Buy a good one, not a cheap one. If you are marginal on funds, don't buy one at all.

I think the costs of a rebuild are now pretty well known , theres certainly been enough members here who have done it recently.

Obviously theres no way of knowing exactly what will happen when you get the car , but your golden rule is spot on . you get what you pay for and this is a cheap low end gtr . expect everything that goes along with that.

it is registered and complied under raws so atleast thats something , accident damage should be minimal but its probably pretty poor asthetically and mechanically

well i went and seen petes GTR the yellow one. mechanically it was really good it just had the dents in it. that was the major dwawcard for me was the R33 GTR engine with only 49,000kms on it it drove pretty well. dont know about the colour tho. but as long as the engine is ok. and thats a cheap GTR too only 17k maytbe 18k to fix the dents

yeh... too late tho i rang pete this morning sold yesterday !!! so uh. i dont know i think im gonna stick with this one on carsales. hopefully it gets thru the pits.. ill have to get someone to check it out tho. cant believe the frieght is that much! but i suppose it will be worth it in the long run. apart from petes there hasnt been many others for sale i mean there was 2 others on this forum but they had been sold. and yeh i do admit the gunmetal grey is a bit wierd. its like the japs are colourblind but a respray can fix that.