Abo Bob

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next time John for sure :laugh:

Yellow group was fun; had an awesome session chasing down the black R32GTST - even though it wasn't the fastest session, it was easily the most fun (cat n mouse style) :laugh:

White WRX STI got in the way a few times :laugh:

And ROFL at the roadkill on wilch's side mirror!!!

Last few sessions I think were great for the drivers.

2nd last session Slow/Medium cars ~ 5 of them, all had fun it seems. Espcially that old "slow" wagon. :laugh:

Weather had cooled right down, and the xeons headlights of the cars (skylines) looked great!

i had a ball.. after i dropped stevo home i realised i had no petrol at all..

so 1 tank for the day aint bad..

can't wait for next time, hopefully with some more passenger action under 2mins is a definate

2mins for me next time... that's my goal anyway :laugh:

The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that some of us n00bs to EC, that have only done one track day somewhere else previously, weren't allowed to go out in the morning with an experienced driver to learn the lines and the track.

You werent the only one dude, about 75% of us were n00bs to EC i had never driven a full lap there and on my 1st laps i did the same as you trying to remember which way the turns went after the crests :laugh:

If you had been on a track before that is the main concern, you should know how to pick a line through a corner after a days racing at any other track.

If we were to run a familiarisation session for everyone who was a 1st timer to EC we wouldnt have started the sprints until after lunch and at Oran Pk everyone complained when the 1st timers session took 1 hr with only 15 or so people who were 1st timers.

These things are all at the discretion of the clerk of course, they need to agree with us on the way we would like to do things if not we have to do it their way.

Cheers,

Nathan

You werent the only one dude, about 75% of us were n00bs to EC i had never driven a full lap there and on my 1st laps i did the same as you trying to remember which way the turns went after the crests :laugh:

If you had been on a track before that is the main concern, you should know how to pick a line through a corner after a days racing at any other track.

If we were to run a familiarisation session for everyone who was a 1st timer to EC we wouldnt have started the sprints until after lunch and at Oran Pk everyone complained when the 1st timers session took 1 hr with only 15 or so people who were 1st timers.

These things are all at the discretion of the clerk of course, they need to agree with us on the way we would like to do things if not we have to do it their way.

Cheers,

Nathan

That's true. I wasn't complaining. Just having a little whinge to get it off my chest :laugh:. We also had some skyline guys Abo bob and Paul that were willing to jump into our cars during that familiarisation session that happened for the n00bs, but were told we couldn't go out though. Eh, all in the past. It's all good.

The lines at EC are very different. I only learnt by asking Abo Bob and listening in to a convo Paul was having with Adam and a few other guys. There's a lot of late apex's.

My times improved greatly after that. But they were still average. I put the times down the driver (me)...and that roadkill that got my mirror :laugh:

Yep wilch; defintely aiming for under 2minutes next time :laugh:

Semi slicks & suspension bits should do the trick :laugh: Plenty of power already.....

I also need a diff... Freaking spinning the inside wheel when trying to get the power down. Wanna buy for me? lol

Link to times.

Track Times

Check Jason Edlgey's times in a love boat, first time at Wakefield and 2nd time ever at any track and 1 min 52 semi slicks stock engine and turbo's full road bling trim. They don't all ware cardigans and smoke a pipe.

Slot car went well 1 min 45.56, KAAZ fixed traction problem although being 2 way it pushes the car into a few corners so looking at doing something here. Reedy if looking here what is your KAAZ one or 1.5 or 2 way?

Can't wait for the big one with the SAU Vic boys 10th November.

Edited by Boosted Zed

Link to times.

Track Times

Check Jason Edlgey's times in a love boat, first time at Wakefield and 2nd time ever at any track and 1 min 52 semi slicks stock engine and turbo's full road bling trim. They don't all ware cardigans and smoke a pipe.

Slot car went well 1 min 45.56, KAAZ fixed traction problem although being 2 way it pushes the car into a few corners so looking at doing something here. Reedy if looking here what is your KAAZ one or 1.5 or 2 way?

Can't wait for the big one with the SAU Vic boys 10th November.

Ahh Reedy has a diff. Mine is sitting around waiting to go in. I've got a Nismo 1 way. I had major headaches getting the power down but I think swaybars would help. Steve and Shaun told me I was lifting my inside rear on turn two for long enough that it stopped spinning. No brakes were applied!!

Wow Jason did really well then. I just thought since it arrived on a trailer it must have some serious mumbo. I think you got a 1:44 John.

Also I found the temperature differences during the day interesting. It really does have a major effect on both tyres (grip levels) and knock levels.

Yeah, interesting. I really need to get some in car footage the next time I am tailing you around a track. It's a surreal look as you are slipping around the place pushing a bit hard then regaining control within a single second because we are both doing between 100 and 200+ km/h and often within a 1-2 car lengths of each other as it's happening.

In car footage would be a blast I agree. My car does not always react like that, I had a mismatch of tyres on the car. I had some really old hard slicks on the rear and some fresh really good quality ones on the front, hence the car kept loosing traction on the corners and having the rear step out continuously.

some good times there guys (some not so good! lol).

I would have liked to have been out there, but a massive sat night, and sunday on the couch in front of the 2.6 metre wide screen with bathurst on meant there was no chance.

I'm actually a little suprised with some of the times, I would have expected more!

good work to John on FTD! that dude in the zed is doing a good job of a 1:52 first time out too.

Mmmmmmnnnnn, power... I want some! Some semis would be great too.

Sub 2 mins next time for sure.

Yep, your times vs my times are proof that it doesn't matter how much power you have. If you don't have the skill to use it, or the suspension goodies to go with it, you really don't need it :laugh:.