SAU Community

Electronic Boost Controllers

JVP

hey dudez

in the near future i will be purchasing an electronic boost controller, and tossing away the GFB atomic one installed already.

there is a few options open to me and they are:

APEXI AVC-R

GReddy Profec B spec II or

Blitz SBC

which of the three would you recommend?? i know turbosmart have the eboost2 thingy, but thats out of my price range........

thanks for your help

jabba

another question, with the blitz ones, what is the difference with the single and dual solenoid, apart from the obvious of course...anything different, ie can the dual hold more boost over the single?

cheers

Please consider the Turbosmart eBoost 2.

(even though I have a Dual SBC)

as i said in the first post, out of my price range....

G'day i use the APEXi AVC-R and i find that its great, it gives you heaps of information about whats going on and if you play around with it you'll find that its not that hard to use. it has 3 settings also so you can have 2 stages of boost that you can set and then if you want you can have it back on the factory standard which is realy good for day to day driving. I think it was about $500 ~ $600 i dont know cause i got it with my car. But if your on a budget you cant go wrong with the turbosmart Dual SBC even tho its not electric it does an awsome job.

I have the apexi boost kit with my pfc, it uses the same solinoid as the AVCR, i think its good, if you have a pfc you just use the hand controller for it, and you dont get another clutterd item in the cabin

Hay mate talk to arron at slidingperformance it got mine of him greddy profec b spec2 for 450, he is on the forums his names slide talk to him allways does a good deal.cheers

I use a dual SBC and am a fan, never spikes, holds boost well even with an exhaust leak.

I'm happy

JVP: Yes, the dual solenoid is capable of more boost and a steadier curve. From memory the single solenoid is recommended for under 19psi