SAU Community

Quote For 100000 Km Service Too Cheap?

morgsj50

can anyone tell me about eas performance in airport west, i know we're not here to bag people out, so pm's would be cool if ya can, its just i got a really cheap quote from them for my 100000 k service and am wondering if it is too good to be true...

Thats too cheap. It wont be changing everything thats required.

Parts/oil alone your looking @ around the $400-$600 mark depending on what brands you use.

Have a read here mate, posts by deorbit are very informative of what requires doing at the 100k service.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=49722

Perfect thread for you, might save yourself some money aswell as some of it is very much DIY and its a large task

cheers -ash

Thats too cheap. It wont be changing everything thats required.

Parts/oil alone your looking @ around the $400-$600 mark depending on what brands you use.

Have a read here mate, posts by deorbit are very informative of what requires doing at the 100k service.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=49722

Perfect thread for you, might save yourself some money aswell as some of it is very much DIY and its a large task

cheers -ash

yeah, i read it, i was thinkin the same, it is abit too cheap, and i know what can happen if its not done right, i've decided to go with another quote, alot higher than 400, but more realistic for the work and not overly high...

No worries dude, 100k service is very important, especially the idler bearings. They are the single most important part along with the timing belt.

Print the thread off if you want... and have the mechanic cross off each thing the do/dont on the list for you. Or use it for them to quote on :nyaanyaa:

Just as a guide for them aswell

dont scimp out make sure ya do the water pump at the same time while you have it apart . in in the middle of doing mine atm timing belt /tensioner and idler bearings/water pump/new fan belts all round may as well replace it all and know ya wont have probs for a long time

dont scimp out make sure ya do the water pump at the same time while you have it apart . in in the middle of doing mine atm timing belt /tensioner and idler bearings/water pump/new fan belts all round may as well replace it all and know ya wont have probs for a long time

this is what i'm thinking, and i have come to learn that you get what u pay for...

Just read this; I happened to be at EAS (Vic was tunning my car) when he received this call.

I have used them for the past 5-6years and have been more than happy with their quality of work and prices. Don't be fooled, higher prices do NOT mean better quality. If you where to personally visit the w/shop, there is a reason why they are always filled with cars, so i am not the only one that appreciates their standard of work. My car is a great example of a neat and safely modified Skyline. In my 4.5years on SAU various shops had become "the flavour of the month", most of these have come and gone.

Did you discuss exactly what you wanted done, which parts you wanted replaced. May pay to give EAS another call and speak to Vic directly. Admittantly he may take a little longer than others, due to his constant work load, but you can rest assured, that the car will be completed to the highest standard.

And yes Ash parts are always genuine, without the over inflated mark-ups that other w/shops may charge.

Should you want to discuss this further, i am more than happy to.

this is what i'm thinking, and i have come to learn that you get what u pay for...
Not always....

In the last few years, i have seen plenty of example of people not getting what they payed for :

It's worth about $600 alone in parts at trade, not bagging ANYONE buy how it is possible to do it for $400 inc labour? Impossible. I think you will find they may only do SOME parts of the service eg. Cam belt and bearings.

Simple to solve - Ring them and ask for specific details on what the service includes. Easy :D

No worries dude, 100k service is very important, especially the idler bearings. They are the single most important part along with the timing belt.

yup, i had my idler bearings changed. The mechanic showed me my old ones. It surprised me how roughly they turned when turned by hand, they must have been on the way out...

It's worth about $600 alone in parts at trade, not bagging ANYONE buy how it is possible to do it for $400 inc labour? Impossible. I think you will find they may only do SOME parts of the service eg. Cam belt and bearings.

Simple to solve - Ring them and ask for specific details on what the service includes. Easy :D

That is true.

That is why i told him to confirm what he wants done. I still have my original bearing, that where checked and were fine. It is always good to discuss such issues in detail, not just "how much for 100k service", Vic:"$400", "thanks, bye". Which is pretty much how it went down, as Vic was too busy to take the call. Best to get a break-down of parts cost and labour cost.

PS: My bearing were still very smooth and rotated nicely. Maybe they had been replaced in Japan, maybe my km where genuine at the time (69k), i don't know :

And yes Ash parts are always genuine, without the over inflated mark-ups that other w/shops may charge.

If your doing a 100k service @ $450 your running at a massive loss.

No business does that. So its one of the following.

1) Risky parts.

2) Not everything that should be done, being done.

There are no two ways about it. Oils alone would come close to the $100 mark. Diff, g/box and motor.

Then timing belt, water pump, idler bearings, other drive belts there is another $250

Then add in plugs, oil filer, fuel filter, brake oil change/bleed, air filter etc $50

Compression Test, Radiator flush $100

We are @ $500 before labour even comes into it. If a workshop can do all of that in an hour i'll be very much surprised. So you could safely add on 3 hours labour for that for even the fastest workers.

It a simple case of things are not gonna be done as they should/require for $400.

Why quote $400 if your gonna end up...

1) calling the customer back to up the ante on the price to $700-$800

2) not do the job correctly

Doesnt make sense to me.

That is true.

That is why i told him to confirm what he wants done. I still have my original bearing, that where checked and were fine. It is always good to discuss such issues in detail, not just "how much for 100k service", Vic:"$400", "thanks, bye". Which is pretty much how it went down, as Vic was too busy to take the call. Best to get a break-down of parts cost and labour cost.

PS: My bearing were still very smooth and rotated nicely. Maybe they had been replaced in Japan, maybe my km where genuine at the time (69k), i don't know :

Yup spot on, detail is a must :D

As usual Ash, jumping to pointless conclusions before reading the posts properly.

All those things you mentioned do NOT have to be done at 100K, why not spread the cost and so some b4, some at 100 and others after? I have stated numerous times that details have to be discussed and sorted b4 the job. Not all customers can lay $#### on the table at one hit, so he will not replace all the parts at once. But if a customer specifies what they want, and this gets done way b4 Vic receives the car, then a proper quote will be given.

All I stated was that the parts ARE genuine, and you still have to add your bullshit that they are dodgy, just because we are not talking about your "buddy" w/shops.

How many w/shops have you blown your horn for?, only to end up moving to another w/shop because the previous didn't live up to the reputation. I know of two that have quietly been removed from your vocabulary, over the last few years.