SAU Community

I Need A New Clutch

gday people im in need of some advice.....

ive got a 400kw at the wheels rb26 and am i need

of a new clutch... its got an osgiken twin plate in

it now thats starting to show some slip...... can you

adjust the clutch? or should i bite the bullet and get

a new unit for the beast?? can anyone recomend a

good clutch? should i get another os twin?

apparently the engine figures are 680hp/1080nm :wave:

Edited by rb27tt

hmmmm. At @ $2151 if i was getting a new clutch i would definatley get one, but i already have a twin plate i can just replace plates. Ah well, i'll wait till this clutch dies before i make my desicion.

hmmmm. At @ $2151 if i was getting a new clutch i would definatley get one, but i already have a twin plate i can just replace plates. Ah well, i'll wait till this clutch dies before i make my desicion.

sounds like a decent deal.. are they better than the os giken ones? i want a clutch that will cope a flogging!!! :) all i gota do i sell my ca18det datsun 1200 now to get some more funds........

yeah. some people/businesses seem to charge heaps for nismo clutches. :)

evan though there one of the cheapest on the market (in yen)

for a nismo triple on ebay thats about 20% worn 300us is a pretty common price

y buy 2nd hand when u can buuy new... a clutch is something i would never buy 2nd hand... sould have fractures or something in it and you wouldnt know till it broke up........ dose anyone know how the nismo rates up against the os giken or hks or even exedy do multi plate now are they any good?

the new nismo coppermix twin plate clutches are much more streetable than the OS Giken twins and tripples. I'm yet to witness how well the hold up on track, but they definately look to be the goods for street driving.

dude streetability aint something im concernd about.... i just want a clutch that will bite everytime i give it a big boot full.... i will have to wait to get funds up either way

With that sorta power you i think you will definetely need a triple plate. I dont think theres a twin on the market that will hold 400rkw's reliably IE Drag racing and launching . My nismo coppermix twin woudnt hold 450rwkw's reliably.

Edited by R32-GTS