SAU Community

Vh41de Into R31

This is the plan .

Build an R31 with a VH41DE ( Nissan V8 4100cc )

Heres what i have .

I bought a VH41DE half cut for $ 1750 delivered

Bought the wagon for off ebay for $ 900 . It has a mint body . Replaced the diff ( $ 80 ) , replaced leaky water pump ( had a spare ) . Got it registered 3 weeks ago .

I plan to keep it looking as stock as possible , even down to the hubcaps .

Am only interested in going fast in a straight line , drags and on the salt flat .

Deliberately chose the 4100 cc engine to suit the class ( F = 3000 - 4300 cc ) i want to run at the salt lake speed trials .

post-9523-1153349151.jpg

post-9523-1153349216.jpg

Edited by dondesoto

OK . Here is a pic of the wagon i raced this year at Lake Gairdner speed trials . Was running a RB30DE . Best average speed over 1 mile was 141 .187 MPH ( 227.21 kmh ) . I saw 152 MPH ( tacho reading ) at the end of one run . Engine basically stock with 370 cc injectors , extractors and 2 x rb25 throttle bodies , apexi safc 2 , and thats it . Standard cams and head .... NON TURBO

post-9523-1153350314.jpg

post-9523-1153373194.jpg

Edited by dondesoto

Nice work on getting the VH41DE.

What sort of Gearbox did it come with? Auto or manual? and what sort of box will you be using?

do you plan on modding the engine or running it stock? How much will it set you back to cet the new engine in and running in the car?

Is your other R31 with the RB30DE for sale :(

only ever seen them with auto's behind them... AFAIK they didn't get sold with a manual option..

and every combo we've tried doesn't work, rb/vg/sr etc boxes all have a different bell housing setup, the VQ boxes might go but not sure..

however locally in perth someones developped an adaptor plate to slap a 25 box behind it, well any RB box really, but 25 for the strength, needs a custom flywheel, but its workable, PM me if you need more info on who to speak to

Mods will be limited to extractors ( home built ) , cams if i can get the stock cams ground , malpassi fuel pressure reg , Apexi safc 2 and a decent air intake .

I will be doing the installation myself and am going to tackle the wiring up too .

I will be using the auto box the engine come with , cheapest and easiest option for now . Fitting an rb25det box would be a good option , but but would cost more than my whole half cut by the time its fitted .

The red car is not for sale yet, as it will still be my daily driver until i finish the blue cars conversion . Hoewever will be selling the rb30de engine at a latter date , maybe towards the end of the year .

Its not a priority but it would be nice to have it all done for a total of less than $ 5000 ( including purchase of car and half cut ) . 150 Mph + for less than $ 5000 , i like .

Edited by dondesoto

Spent many hrs on saturday , disecting the harness . had pulled out all engine bay harness and in car harness . Massive amounts of wiring . Found a total of 6 computers . Only using 2 of the computers , engine management and auto trans . Believe i have all the wiring i need after chopping out one big box full of surplus wiring and electricals .

Spent many hrs on saturday , disecting the harness . had pulled out all engine bay harness and in car harness . Massive amounts of wiring . Found a total of 6 computers . Only using 2 of the computers , engine management and auto trans . Believe i have all the wiring i need after chopping out one big box full of surplus wiring and electricals .

Good luck, the wiring is probably the hardest part of setting something like that up.

it is, took my mate a few solid nights and some weekend time to sift thru everything tracing wires to see where they went and what they hooked into, the amount of surplus in the looms is astounding..

it is, took my mate a few solid nights and some weekend time to sift thru everything tracing wires to see where they went and what they hooked into, the amount of surplus in the looms is astounding..

AH tell me about it . Have spent many hours unravelling harness . Thought i had it right , then discovered i had chopped out 16 wires too many that go to the transmission ecu , a big BUGGA . Have had a lot of help from NICO forum in sorting that prob out .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...