SAU Community

Tail-gating Cops

SamBo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nrthern beaches cops cool? They tried to bust me one night, told me to go home back to the city lol. Then said i was speeding (which i wasn't) and said they ran outa tickets and were gonna send me one. hahahaha i'm still waiting for it and that was mid last year!:bahaha:

i had one tailgating me for about 2 kms.. and i changed lanes about 3 times... most of the time once i put my blinker on to change lanes... they'd jump in the lane i wanted to get into and speed up/slow down to make me speed to get into that lane... after i missed my turnoff.. i just slowed right down to about 20, changed lanes and turned straight off the main road... they didnt follow..

just pull over and see what they do

i was speeding and a cop car saw me and started flashing his red n blue so i sped even more to get away cos he was backing out of a driveway when he saw me, i didnt wanna get pulled over cos i didnt have my green Ps on, luckily he didnt give chase

but i bet you if i had the Ps on he would pulled me over without fail. was goint 80 in a 60

I think P's are the biggest farce ever

I am on the green ones. the test to get them was just a revenue raiser for the RTA. All the plates do is attract the attention of cops, and makes other motorists try to push you around.

How about coming home from Liverpool one Saturday night about two weeks ago.

Got followed along Cowpasture Road and pulled up for a "Random Breath Test".

No problems there.

I complete that and leave.

10 Minutes later on the Great Western Highway, get tailed again and pulled up again for a "Random Breath Test".

I was so angry, i asked the cop if he thought it was a nice car. He told me "dont be smart, it's the time of night, not the car".

That's bullshit, i have a company car too and when i drive that car along the same route at the same time, nothing ever happens.

I must say, my collection of Breath Test tubes has hit double figures and i've only driven the car about 8 times in the two weeks of ownership.

Even been followed through a drive-thru....anyone beat that ??

Real random huh ??

Guest Da_Man

Guys....

After reading all the above about your run ins with the cops (and I say this in anger as you will soon find out why), I thought it would be my chance to say a few words about this. The type of actions that the police now use is shocking to say the least. You people vote, all of you work and pay your tax’s which pays the police officer that plays these stupid games.

Now enough of all that, let me tell you a without boring the crap out of you, a cut down event that may happen to you. And yes it is worse then a speeding ticket and yes you can lose your whole licence.

If for any reason that a police officer mainly a highway patrol car sees you speeding they can issue you with a “Court Attendance”. Now with these “Court Attendance’s” the officer will issue you with two. One for excessive speed, and the second for endangering the public. Now these are equal to being charged.

The officer does not have to prove to you that he has a radar or anything like that, it’s all up to his judgment. Now the charges for endangering the public can carry a 12 – 18 month suspension from driving.

To cut a very long story short this is serious stuff you will need to seek legal advise and will require to go through the whole legal system, and in some cases it may be as complicated as a murder trial.

So my advise to you all be vary vary vary careful and DO NOT sign anything that a police officer issues you even if he threatens to take you to the police station and charge you. You must be firm but not rude, keep your cool, try to make the cop slip up, ask lots of questions. And last but not least “Know Your Rights”

Take care,

followed through a drive through! Now that is random!

I reckon if u get tailgated by a cop and it's seriously dangerous you should write down the rego and go to the cop shop and lodge a formal complaint. They might not do much about it though. I'll never forget the time I told a cop in a servo his back tires were bald! lol

My sister actually got booked due to this!!

She was being tail gated by a cop on a suburban rd for about 3 kms', so she speed up 5km/hr (which brang her to the speed limit). The cop sped up with her and still sat right on her arse, so she was forced to speed up another 5km/hr in fear that the cop might touch th rear of her car! Suddenly blue lights on, pulled over - booked for 5km/hr over!!!! couldn't believe it!!! :D

Actually I had a cop who failed to give way to me at a round about! No lights or anything! I hooted him, he went right around the round about, put his lights on and went to pull me over. I pulled in, he pulled in behind me, I wound down the window then he drove off!

SamBo: I agree, P plates are "Pick on me" plates. Personaly for the $100 fine in the ACT for not displaying them, I always risked going with out. I got pulled over once and the cop said "Should you be displaying P plates?" and I said "No, It's only six months you have to display them for now isn't it?" the cop says "I dunno, ring Road Registry on Monday and check it out" LOL

Then there is the old "Some bastard floged 'em in the car park!"

I dont want to risk driving without my p plates on. Knowing my luck, the one time I do it, I will be pulled over.

One thing I NEVER do is speed up when being tailgated. Even if it's not a cop car, it could be a plain-clothed cop driving it. Although you could get seriously injured if someone tailing you hits you, you are not in the wrong, they are. Do not speed up. Things you can do to get them to back off is slow down slightly. Another thing is use your windscreen washer. the water will splash on their car and usually when someone sees something hit their windscreen they instinctively slow down. Trust me, this does work.

One day I was riding my bike in a line of traffic, and a Police car pulled out immediately in front of me, no indicators, no disco lights, nothing. There would have been no more than three or four metres in it, and I was doing 50km/h... I pulled as hard as I could on the front brake and locked up the back, missed the car my a matter of millimetres (I thought I hit it actually) and the bastards just kept going. The guy behind me nearly collected me as well, which wouldn't have been particularly nice. About 50m up the road they stopped at a set of lights, so I pulled up beside them (split the lane), flipped up my visor and went absolutely OFF MY NUT at them through their open passenger window. They completely ignored me... trust me, they would have *definitely* heard what I was saying, everyone else did :) Anyway, I got the number plate of the car and a description of the cops in it and rode straight to the cop shop and reported it. The guy behind the counter rolled his eyes and said "oh, yeah...." when I told him the details. If the guy is a known bad driver or whatever, perhaps he shouldn't be on the road??? Geez. Haven't seen them in a cop car since then, so maybe something was done about them.

While we're talking about crap fines, the worst I have had is being booked for unregistered/uninsured ($480 all up) in my old Commodore. I was less than 20 metres from my house. I needed to turn my car around in the driveway in my VERY quiet street, which I couldn't do without nosing onto the street. The bastard, smartarse copper treated me like I'd just raped his mother, despite me being polite and cooperative the whole time. Luckily for me he was "in a good mood" so he allowed me to drive it home. Farkin hell, thanks ****master, you're all heart.

Last night on my way home from the North Shore cruise, I dropped me mate off at his place in St Leonards, and started back to my place. I live in Willoughby, and I always cut through to back of Artarmon to get home. Anyway, as soon as I get off the pacific Hwy, this car pulls up behind (very close) and follows me for ages. He kept getting close and I stayed on 50 (thats the limit on those streets). I got to the lights outside Artarmon St, and as soon as they turned green, as dashboard light started flashing in the car behind me so I pulled over. This cop came up to me and said it was a random breath test (hardly random when he'd followed me for ages). I did fine on that, then he took my license to his car and checked it out. He came back and asked if it was my skyline. I said yes and asked if there was a problem. He said he pulled me over because I had gone through the industrial zone of Artarmon and apparently alot of Skylines go that way to get away from the cops (according to him anyway). Now, I then said that he just told me he pulled me over for a random breath test, to which he simply handed me back my license, said good night and walked off.

Now, I am not pissed at the cop, because to me it was OBVIOUS that he knew I had done nothing wrong. It was like he was under orders to do this sort of thing (he didn't seem too happy about it, is what I am trying to say). That is just crap, becuase it means that he's not the one who is annoying, it's whoever gave him his orders who is.

Anyway, end of rant.