SAU Community

Turbo Conversions

the way the guy who had the suzuki explained it to me, they let the supercharger go from 0 revs and the turbo as well... the turbo spooled twice as fast because the supercharger created more exhaust pressure. Once the pressure built up and the turbo charger was about to start working in its optimal range the supercharger would cut off to prevent over induction. When the pressure from the turbocharger drops down to a certain level the supercharger starts again.

Its funkyshite but it worked hella mad... it managed to chop my 1.8L with the T67

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neoGT-25

the question is... can i put it on my car? :):D:D

ME------------------------> :burnout:

Comenwhores--------------> :bahaha:

Guest neoGT-25

well with 5 grand... i would make it a beast of a nat-asp :P (Insurence stops me from turbo)

i would make it powerfull enough to give some GTS-t's a good run for there money! :P

meh but seriously... im defently going to buy a kakimoto hyper 2000 premium N1 single exhaust sytem :D $1005 from purfectrun.com.au (I think its the one Demon Dave has on his R34)

KAKIMOTO EXHAUST PIC

Pipe diameter - 70mm

Tail pipe diameter - 115mm

and best of all... they make them for the R34 25GT :D LOL

meh... byes all :burnout:

im not a fan of the angled exhaust, thats why for my turbo engine i opted for a hks super dragger

now u might think "yeah its pretty big" but if you've only seen it in pictures before, once u see it in real life MY GOD! ITS HUGE! THE BARREL IS MASSIVE! TIP IS 5"! I CAN BLOODY LIVE IN THERE!

remember as always i still have some n/a parts for sale if u want them :P

oh...yeah :P

ummmm

probebly wouldnt be a good upgrade for ur car as they are 33 parts not 34 (u barsted i hate you grrr) but i have gearbox, breaks and rotors (maybe dunno yet might be sold :() lsd diff...stuff...err...i wonder if i should sell the old exhaust? anyway, exhaust is 2.5" mandrel whatever

er...i really should advertise all these in for sale section...but then again im not saying any prices..yet..but yeah :D

Guest neoGT-25

lol... but R33's are sweet :D

R34 is slow... and heavy :D HUH! not that good :P

meh... oi why are you complaining... you have this buitiful thing called... A TURBO :burnout: DAMN YOU! hehehehe

Guest neoGT-25

modern... like what? LOL its only 4 years older than your car... AND ITS SLOW!!!!!!!!! :D haha

meh... ive made my point i think :P

Hi

We just this last weekend swapped the converted engine out for a 25det.

Big thanks to DamqikGTST and Bigfella for the huge effort

We swapped the gearbox also (they are very different)

$3k i payed for the lot. noone really knows how strong the NA boxes are for sure. some say they are the same as the 20det box which dont have any problems with decent power.

your wiring loom can stay as its identical. you will need a 25det ecu though.

this is a much cheaper option than trying to turbo your existing motor. it was only viable for me coz i sourced the parts cheap and already had a controllable ecu.

my car now running standard ecu/boost is pulling smoother/harder than my conversion did.

things we HAD to change:

front half of tailshaft (the end that goes into the det gearbox is much heftier than the na one)

the speed sensor between the two gearboxes are different. (still havent fixed this yet

the clutch slave cylinder is different (need the det one or make up a custom bracket like old Bob did for us :P )

All of these above problems would be avoided if you retained the NA gearbox

plus...

you have to keep the original NA engine mounts (discovered this the hard way)

we swapped the fuel pump also as they are different and not worth taking a chance on.

ask any questions now if you want while its still fresh in the head. :D

i would recommend this over a conversion now given the end results and relatively cheap too. dont worry about the brakes they are fine unless you plan on takin it to the track often.

cheers