SAU Community

When do you guys fill up?

Hey,

When do you guys generally fill up your tanks? Also, how many litres is the tank?

I fill mine up normally after 400km or when the gauge approaches E. I rarely ever see the fuel warning light come on though, sometimes I have the gauge well below E and still don't have the light coming on.

Is the light broken?

Thanks,

-Greg.

Guest Boxhead

haha i used to fill the tank up when i could afford it hahaha...

i think the standard tank is either 60 or 65 litres..

im pretty sure the fuel light comes on to signify you have 10 litres left...

Tony: keep driving till the engine starts acting funny :D

I fill up about 50-60L. I am a bad boy cos I run it to empty.

PS. you said you filled up on 400kms when it was on E in a GTS? You should be able to get a few more kms in an NA. The highest mileage I've gotten in the city is 430km with about 8L left in the tank.

Timmy,

I've recorded all my fuel stops ('cause I'm such a geek) and on average, my car is at 420km and fills up 52L until full.

I've never filled a tank to 60L! I'd be scared to see where the needle is at that time.

-Greg.

I try not to allow my tank to go below the theyt 1st bar so it still has like 20 litres in it. Reason for this is cause i dont want to suck up the shitty fuel scraps at the bottome of the tank.

My little mission in life is to fill up the maximum litres possible.. well not really I am just a bum and don't fill up until I really need to.

The car does feel shitty when you are the bottom of your tank, I should put some of that Wynns Spitfire cleaner stuff through it or something.

• 1 year later...
I try not to allow my tank to go below the theyt 1st bar so it still has like 20 litres in it. Reason for this is cause i dont want to suck up the shitty fuel scraps at the bottome of the tank.

exactly!! coz i've seen my share of cloged fule pumps bcoz of that!