SAU Community

aftermarket ECU

I am thinking of upgrading to a new standalone ecu for a r33 gtst.

I just wanted to know if anyone has heard about the new microtech which is compatable with the skyline loom. Is it a complete plug in like the Apexi PFC? Also if anyone knows what the tuning capabilities of it is. I beleive it is the same as the microtech lt-12, (fuel curve ignition etc). I also would like to know if anyone is running a microtech in their skyline and how it behaves (revs, stalling, aircon etc).

Any information would be much appreciated.

Another option to consider is the Wolf 3d V4 plug-in. Uses the same loom as factory, has alot of tuning options, (can't be bothered listing 'em), and the distributor/manufactuer are in Bayswater, Melb., Vic.

Just got my car done and it is great, i would recommend it personally. Only a small bug with the idle (that is related to tunning not product fault), just needs a bit more fuel.

If you want to meet up and have a look at the unit, install and booklet, just pm me.

Go the Power FC for sure.

Else go for an Autronic.

I know there are a lot of mechanics that like the Microtech but it is cheap and for a quality ECU the autronic is it. It even has self tune functionality. I didnt buy the Autronic because at that time the Autronic didnt have an adaptor loom for the GTS25t.

• 2 weeks later...

buy whatever suites best for your pocket, most of the ECU out in the market are pretty good.

20x20 map resolution is all you need really (POWER FC) for an everyday application, i mean the there are crazy jap cars that run power fc & produce crazy figures, so dont buy something over map resolution.

it doesnt really matter how many maps resolution its more of how well it can be applied to its usage from what ive been told by an engineer/dyno tuner, unless u want to throw away that air flow meter & get it maped sensed (MoTEC)

Hope this helps abit.

Of course you are right there.

& alot of japs do it because they like that no filter & pipe look, which does more harm then good in my point of view.

what do you mean by powerful engine?

i know a gtr which produces more then 300kw & are still using AFM

MAP sensor are not that great with twin turbos.

We are geting off topic here but its a good debatable question.

Afm's are good for a stable idle control PERIOD they are restrictive and just a pain in the arse to maintain,

Map however are good for what ever power level and Boost they are bad at idle control because there is very little vac or boost to trigger it however this can be tuned out using TPS tuning for low revs if the ecu supports it Both wolf and Microtec do! also so dose the GTS link (which I currently have in my car) Map by far is better in the long run as most skylines wont drive at less that 2000rpm anyway.

MY 2 Cents

Damqik

Guest drift_me_silly

da wolf sounds pretty poo to me (translation=good)

inbuilt MAP sensor? sweet...........get those AFM's out of the turbo's way...the japanese really believe in the MAP...not just the turbo rebuild, and the crappy tasting drink...and the smooooth smooooth roads...

look at it this way: maf is like saying map with a speech disorder, so that can't be good for your engine, can it? hhmmmm?

Guest drift_me_silly

oh...yeah, resolution...now there's a topic in itself...i'd love to see something that goes over-the-top, race spec, 100rpm increment stuff...crazy though. tuning? 3 years l8r......

Originally posted by RON-15H

hey DAMQIK i think ive seen ya around you have that bluishh rare colour skyline rite car looks neat....

You would of only seen me in Brisbane or on the Sunshine Coast the car hasn't been anywhere else in the 2 and a half years that I've had it.

My Car is that two tone dark blue and gun metal grey.

Even though I'm running a map sensor I still have the maf and the stock-modified air box fitted to the car so I can switch back to the stock ecu in case I stuff the tuning on the link out driveing somewhere (I tend to fiddle always looking for that bit more power) it would take me 3 minutes to get the car running on the stock ecu again.

I also run an on dash Lamda meter to keep a check on air/fuel mixtures, makes on the road tuning easy.