SAU Community

Xenon HID Lights

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no shortage of 34's around melb that have been complianced and sold with the xenon h/lights, most import dealers dont have them changed purposely - buyer gets nicer headlights / dealer gets more money - "that doesnt make it right" of course :D

my 2sense!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.. Altho Xenon lights look nice the thing I am wondring is why would you want to convert/buy your headlights anyway?

I mean all the prices I hear floating around is a lot of money.. and granted you may have it sitting there doing nothing... But the biggest price I heard so far was $1200 ...now I'm sure I could find an intercooler for that price.. or better yet.. 2 new rear tyre's :P

My point is.. or question rather is.. Why? Whats the big deal? cant you go to auto barn and just buy some white globes? or just get the 'ole 50% extra light ones.. I mean lights light.. at the end of the day, if you can see the road, thats all that really matters..

but thats just my opinion :(

AFAIC, my lights havent cost me anythin so far :P

So if they're free, why not I say! I do agree with what you are saying HOTR33. Only 2 tyres for $1200? What are they slicks :(

Well another way to look at is is

1200 split down would look like this..

$600.oo = New Tyres

$165.00 = Fine Associated with defect notice after cops seeing bald rear tyres

$435.oo = fixing everything else they *** you over for :D

all up = $1200.oo

But still.. I no a guy with a second hand HKS intercooler for sale @ $1190.oo ...and it's only done 2 drag races.. it's been imported from Japan.. good quality.. I'd rather that than headlights :(

I don't doubt your money spending skills.. I have some my self..

But hey.. each to their own in regards to what they do to their car... THATS why the term 'rice' is floating around today.. simply because.. each to their own :(

*Not implying these Xenon lights are ricey.. * (protecting my self from the flame's) :D

xenons literally turns night into day :D

$1200 is a lot of money and i do see your point of view. personally i would dispose of that money in other ways but each to their own...

btw, i was lucky enough to have the xenons kept in the car from stock and after compliancing and in no way did the xenon's sway my decision to buy the car or not :D

DIY, shop around, heckle / bargain a little - or get your g/f to do it, they love it!

Eg. Recently spent $40 on an oil change, including the oil filter and tools - synthetic 10w40 hi-perf. oil, valvoline filter, wrench, change pan etc.

Also, when you are constantly living on "stuff all money" - it makes it easier to get stuff cheap - be nice to people and do favours helps also!!!

mostly obvious stuff but it works :)

"branded parts" can be a bit like runners / after shave etc, you can find cheaper stuff that often comes from the same factory...

slightly off-topic buy hey, you started this thread anyways :)

• 4 months later...

I know its an old thread but I just read it for the firs time.

I would love xenons for my r33 but the conversion kits you can buy just wouldnt be the same as te factory ones cos on the r33 the headlight reflectors are different for the xenon models, and im not to sure about the lenses, they may be glass because of the heat that xenons produce cos the factory halogen ones are just polycarbonate..

I would love a set of factory xenons for my r33 ..

• 3 months later...

Howdy

I just my HID Kit going and it is SUPER Bright !! I mean, dangerously bright to other road users. Do the headlamps need to be adjusted? Has anyone experienced this problem..

Please PM me all other HID users !!!!

Seems to me the driving emotion is to have these bcos they are cool or throw more light. H4's for the 33 come in different colours and wattages so thats easy, and a lot cheaper.

On the more light issue, well I used to rally, and big Cibie Oscar plus with 150W globes was the answer, but I wouldnt put them on a skyline. If you need more light then up your wattage on the high beams only and don't dazzle the oncoming traffic on low beam. That is almost as completely wank as the HSV and WRX owners with their foggies and worthy of a fine if the donut kings can unweld themselves from their patrol cars seats.

Don't rice for the sake of it and blowing cash on crap, especially if it is going to cause discomfort and danger to other road users.