SAU Community

Help On B.o.v Style And Sound

Hey guys, i just brought me a R33 Gts-t and was wanting a bov for it. I dont want the one that just goes woooosh (haha) im wanting the one that kinda sound like it has several woooosh's (sorry cant put sound effects on lol)

I think its called a super sequencial?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

PS a photo of what it looks like would be great too.

mine does the fluttering sound and the wooosh sound.. it depends on how u release the accelarator.. if u spool up ur turbo and build up heaps of pressure in the intake pipes, and u release the accelarator quickly, it makes the wooosh sound, if you release it slowly it makes the fluttering sound.. i think this also has to do with what type of intercooler you have (large FMIC or SMIC)..

you're talking about the HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve (SSQV)

it flutters/chirps/whistles agressively :thumbsup:, when you let off the throttle....but if you rip on your engine and boost up HARD and let off the throttle, it makes a piercing woosh as it dumps off excess pressure and does it's job to prevent compressor surge (which will also make a fluttering sound)

the HKS SSQV makes two different sounds is because it has 2 valves instead of most bov's single. the small one (purple colour) only vents at low-moderate boost.