SAU Community

Rb25det With Nos?

Dush

Hey guys I’m thinking about running a shot of Nos on My R33 Skyline.

I don’t know how the Engine will react to this so I’m just asking around if anyone has done it or if they can give me some advice.

The only modification that’s car done to my car is:

• FMIC

• 3’’ Turbo back Exhaust with High Flow cat

• Standard turbo High flowed

• Heavy duty clutch (extreme)

• Bosh 044 pump

At 7psi she pushed 182kw@the wheels on Dr drifts dyno.

I was thinking of a dry system and a 70hp shot of nos.

I dont want to do much engine work, i was told that the engine is good enough for around 300kw @ the wheels??

I don’t know much about NOS systems. So any help will be grateful.

Thank you very much:D

Edited by Dush

ive heard that they can handle up to a 50hp shot of nos, thats dry system (not sure for how long).. anything over that with the stock internals will do more harm then good..

It would be a cool thing to have in your interior so you can 'hit the NOS'. But seriously maybe a dual stage boost controller set between stock and about 14psi will have a similar effect. Cant see the practicality of a nitrous system especially the defect factor

Thankx guys.. 2rismo, his car is an animal. is he runnin the factory turbo still?

Yep.

Cant see the practicality of a nitrous system especially the defect factor

11.662 @ 120.02mph.

Regardless of what people have been telling you, you can run 100 wet shot comfortably, all you need is fuel pump upgrade which you already have, Aftermarket engine management e.g PFC and the Kit. with the correct tune the car will make around 250rwkw and be capable of mid 11sec passes. This is not a toy for the street though. and we will soon see how heavy duty your clutch is. You can buy wet kits starting from $990 which include everything to get started, just need to add bottle warmer $ pressure guage to tune. Dry systems require the fuel to be added through the injector rail and sometimes require the upgrade of injectors. is not something you can fine tune urself unless you have extensive knowledge of tuning with PFC or ECU you decide to use. People on this forum have been running the bottle for a couple of seasons know with no engine failures. By far the best bang for your buck.

Hey guys I’m thinking about running a shot of Nos on My R33 Skyline.

I don’t know how the Engine will react to this so I’m just asking around if anyone has done it or if they can give me some advice.

The only modification that’s car done to my car is:

• FMIC

• 3’’ Turbo back Exhaust with High Flow car

• Standard turbo High flowed

• Heavy duty clutch (extreme)

• Bosh 044 pump

At 7psi she pushed 182kw@the wheels on Dr drifts dyno.

I was thinking of a dry system and a 70hp shot of nos.

I dont want to do much engine work, i was told that the engine is good enough for around 300kw @ the wheels??

I don’t know much about NOS systems. So any help will be grateful.

Thank you very much:D

I'm trying to find a good computer. APexi Power FC is what every one is saying but how is the Greddy EMANAGE? i dont know much about it so yea...

As long as you are able to adjust ignition timing with it, then yes it would work. need to pull total timing out when the gas is on. A/F you adjust with fuel and bottle pressure & different pill sizes. In saying that if you are looking to get maximum performance out of your car a stand alone may be necessary as to get full potential out of the tune before you add the gas. Can run 1 bar of boost and 100 shot on standard engine with standard injectors etc.

so to run a 50-70hp shot of gas you would need a Stand alone computer and a piggy back wouldnt work???????????????
Edited by BezerkR32

Thankx for your help guys.. i get a ECU first befor i strap the bottle.. is their any good workshops in Melbourne that have extensive knowledge in tuning nos systems?

Get the car tuned first, then pull around 4deg timing total out. use pills recommended in kit. these are on the fat side. start from there. Start with 900psi bottle pressure. will need a Air fuel meter to do this. best done on track. Not familiar with too many shops in Melbourne as i am from wollongong but buy kit from Barney at VPW and he should be able to advise you on who too see.

Thankx for your help guys.. i get a ECU first befor i strap the bottle.. is their any good workshops in Melbourne that have extensive knowledge in tuning nos systems?