SAU Community

Hid Kits

anexiole

hello guys

basically wanna start a thread for people looking to buy HID kits.

If you've got and installed a HID Kit, please help share with all of us

• Name of Kit (pop a picture of the package if you can)
  • Origin
  • how much
  • where did you get it from (ie. ebay-and which seller)
  • did u install it urself? If yes, please share we us on how diff/easy it was to install
  • what d'ya think of the quality?

thanks!!

You don't need to know any of that information.

What you need to know is that they're shit and why.

Search the skyline specific section if you want a long explanation. Sir D and Xizor have realised why.

But basically, the stock housing isn't designed for the hid bulb, which puts out different spread of light. it can't focus it properly. you get a lot of glare going up. you will probably get defected for this. or mgiht cause an accident.

If you cause an accident by glaring someone, you will probably have to pay. just like any other illegal mod

You don't need to know any of that information.

What you need to know is that they're shit and why.

Search the skyline specific section if you want a long explanation. Sir D and Xizor have realised why.

But basically, the stock housing isn't designed for the hid bulb, which puts out different spread of light. it can't focus it properly. you get a lot of glare going up. you will probably get defected for this. or mgiht cause an accident.

If you cause an accident by glaring someone, you will probably have to pay. just like any other illegal mod

I couldn't have summed it up better myself. :)

ive got hid's in my r32 gtr. 1000000000% better then the stock lighting..

ive got H3 model in mine... but spose to be taking H3C but it fits.

techone is the brand i bought it for $350 on the NS.com group buy and yes installed it myself (farkknnn easyyyy) and yes very happy :)

doesnt say anywhere in the box/manual where its made lol but from memory i think its korea?

looks and works perfect for mine.. but then again correct me if im wrong but the r32 headlight casing is different to r33's?.. (reason for glare?)

Read the forum that me and manwhore posted extensive information from hid planet and daniel stern lighting.

Even though a halogen projector 'appears' to be controllign the light properly, it is not. it is still designed for the halogen bulb. Refer to the diagram on daneil stern. the bulb has a filament, which is brighter in different areas. a hid bulb has no filament. the discharge arc has a different light spread.

Basically, the halogen projector will still have a good cutoff because of the cutoff shield, but under that sheild, the light will still have crap focus. when your car's headlights go up, like due to undulations in the road, and if those hotspots hit another driver's eyes, they will get majorly dazed.

This is opposed to factory hid, which gives an even uniform cloud of light.

It is not just reflector v projector. E.g. My dad has a lexus gs300 with reflector stock hid. The cutoff and spread of light is as perfect as a projecctor like on an accord euro.

Search for the thread. Basically, aftermarket hid is bad bad bad.

Or join up on hidplanet, or google daniel stern lighting. daniel stern is a quick read. nice summary of the points. his point of view is not one opinion, it is THE correct situation. there are no ifs, no buts.

Also, I have performed extensive experiments too.

Did you know that because the lght is whiter, you think it is brighter? once again, refer to daniel stern.

I have from an up above view, taken a photo with the car in the same position, with a camera fixed on a tripod of various cars with stock lighting v aftermarket hid kit. The results weren't pretty.

Basically, you get a little bit more light in some areas. like it's very badly focused. other areas have less.

Also, as a side note, because your hid will glare people, you will end up pointing them down, and you get even less light.

Once again guys, as I say - best lighting upgrade is plus 50 bulbs, plus relay the lights suh that they get 13.8 volts.

Search for the thread please. search for posts with my name, or MANWHOR3's name. or at least read daniel stern.

don't make the same mistake others have.

*PS - the reason why I refer to daniel stern, is because he provides a nice summary. His site doesn't just present his point of view. it is supported by plenty of other sites. every knowledgeable source, including scientific sites say the same thing. Anyone who believes otherwise is misinformed.

Hello there

thanks very much!phew... and i was going to blow a few hundred bucks on 'em HID..

man,,, maybe next car -will get one with factory HID:)

thanks

Also, I have performed extensive experiments too.

Did you know that because the lght is whiter, you think it is brighter? once again, refer to daniel stern.

I have from an up above view, taken a photo with the car in the same position, with a camera fixed on a tripod of various cars with stock lighting v aftermarket hid kit. The results weren't pretty.

Basically, you get a little bit more light in some areas. like it's very badly focused. other areas have less.

Also, as a side note, because your hid will glare people, you will end up pointing them down, and you get even less light.

Once again guys, as I say - best lighting upgrade is plus 50 bulbs, plus relay the lights suh that they get 13.8 volts.

Search for the thread please. search for posts with my name, or MANWHOR3's name. or at least read daniel stern.

don't make the same mistake others have.

*PS - the reason why I refer to daniel stern, is because he provides a nice summary. His site doesn't just present his point of view. it is supported by plenty of other sites. every knowledgeable source, including scientific sites say the same thing. Anyone who believes otherwise is misinformed.