SAU Community

Oil Catch Can Mounting And Roughting

Guest 40th-edition

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the oil control thread. Beyond all the talk about restrictors and external drains, there is solid info on the best sort of closed circuit catch can system. Open catch cans and deactivated PCV is a shit idea.

Why is this?

Whats the issue with the PCV being blocked off?

Street legality = zero.

Fumey smells = the suck.

It not being hard to actually achieve a multi stage catch can with proper pcv functionality = enough of a reason to go to that amount of effort rather than cheaping out.

As long as it wont damage anything thats fine.

Only reason mines like that at the moment is because im such a cheap ass i havnt got a place to attach it into my intake

That said, ive never had Smells or Smoke coming from it.

Edited by jay-rod

yer its just my highmount set up doesnt have a spot on the intake pipe to add that third line

That's a weak reason.

You havee been asking about getting someone to fab a catch can.

Get them to add it to to the inlet pipe.

Edited by Ben C34

^ Cal ya show off :)

Had to be done lol. I dunno people seem to get mental about catch cans but mine works alright for a mild-medium setup lol. Plus I like my photo :)

and as above, I have a fitting welded onto my intake for the catch can. The bungs can be bought easy as, theres no problem at all sourcing them. It would cost bugger all to have it welded on. If he is making a catch can I dare say if you supply the fitting he will weld it on for free

That's a weak reason.

You havee been asking about getting someone to fab a catch can.

Get them to add it to to the inlet pipe.

Thats a fair point. I just bought all the lines and fitting for the car and the can it was coming with feel through. so now im stuck with a heap of fittings nd braided line. hence trying to find a fab guy so i can get it made to exactly how i need it

My tuner blocked my pcv up saying it causes problems with the nistune

Any truth to that, or is he seeing a placebo affect?

yep, with any AFM setup if you're introducing "un-metered" air from the atmosphere it will cause all sorts of issues.. hence if you're running an AFM setup with a vented catch can you need to delete the PCV