SAU Community

Fitting Rear Camber Kit For R33

Birnie

Hey guys/girls.

I've bought myself the above kit as I'm sick of my tyres going on the inside.

An expensive problem.

Anyay, I'm not up on the car parts lingo so if someone can help me with which bolts to undo.

For 1 kit, you only replace 2 bushes to gain 0.75 change.

The pic that Whiteline supply show 2 kits installed (4 bushes for 1.5 degrees) so i don't know which of the 4 to change.

Have a read and then check the (self) labelled pic..

Any help appreciated.

PS. seems pretty simple to me (once i sort out which ones to change) although I've never replaced them before.

Has anyone come across any difficulties you would like to share before i give it a shot?

post-5823-1155386792.jpg

post-5823-1155386859.jpg

The inner upper arm bushes are actually located in the arms. So it is a much easier to replace them then the outer upper control arm bushes as they are in the uprights, which are a big job to remove.

Look at the car itself and it is obvious.

You will need a 10-20 tonne press to remove the old standard rubber bushes. Lots less pressure required to push in the new polyurethane bushes.

:) cheers :)

IF you ask me that Kit from whiteline is pritty shit & make life hard if you ever want a wheel alignment! So instead i opted for the KTA118 - Adjustable Uper control arm! its double the price but it makes life easy!

IF you ask me that Kit from whiteline is pritty shit & make life hard if you ever want a wheel alignment! So instead i opted for the KTA118 - Adjustable Uper control arm! its double the price but it makes life easy!

Then the spherical bearings wear out, because you can't grease them. Very rapidly thereafter they start to rattle their heads off. Most times you can't buy new sphericals because they are a unique size, so you have to replace the whole arm.

Bushes are a much simplier, cheaper and longer lasting solution, not to mention 100% legal. Just put the car on the aligner, work out how much correction you need and adjust the bushes accordingly. Any minor adjustment can be completed wiht the car on the aligner, using the standard adjusters. Any experienced wheel aligner would have no problem with that methodology, they do it every day on Foulcans and Commondoors.

D cheers :O

Edited by Sydneykid

• 5 months later...
How about on the Front SK? Are the outer bushes (the ones you replace for camber adjustment) in the A arm itself or the actual hub side?

Thanks

Outer on R33's and R34's

Both inner and outer on R32's

:( cheers :laugh: