SAU Community

Jdm S15 1999 Model

Hi guys,

Just wanting a second opinion on an s15 that i'm looking at importing (sorry that its not a skyline, but its still a nissan :( ). It is for a relatively cheaper price than the aus spec is in very good condition inside and out (from what i can see). The only thing that is stopping me from buying is the fact that it has 92000 kms. Can anyone who has n s15 with km's close to this please tell me how the car is.This is probably a stupid question and the kms are still probably fine but jsut wanting a second opionion. Are repairs gonna be occuring more. How is the engine and everything else and also, how is the car on the inside. I noticed alot of squeeks and rattles on the inside of my r33 gtst that are really REALLY annoying. Does this happen with the s15 with this amount of km's. How many km's usually until the car start falling apart. Let me know guys. Cheers.

Richard

It's hard to say whether things will go wrong at those kms. It really depend on how the previous owner treats the car.

Squeeks and rattles are normal for the jap cars. Even my previous 2002 model Audi have some rattles in the cabin.

What i heard from the S15 owners, your LHS window will start to rattle a bit at high speeds. Not sure if that's true or some BS. SR20s run on timing chains so you won't need to do a timing chain change at 100ks.

you dont actually believe the cars have done the kilometres shown on the speedo do you..........

Hi guys,

Just wanting a second opinion on an s15 that i'm looking at importing (sorry that its not a skyline, but its still a nissan :mad: ). It is for a relatively cheaper price than the aus spec is in very good condition inside and out (from what i can see). The only thing that is stopping me from buying is the fact that it has 92000 kms. Can anyone who has n s15 with km's close to this please tell me how the car is.This is probably a stupid question and the kms are still probably fine but jsut wanting a second opionion. Are repairs gonna be occuring more. How is the engine and everything else and also, how is the car on the inside. I noticed alot of squeeks and rattles on the inside of my r33 gtst that are really REALLY annoying. Does this happen with the s15 with this amount of km's. How many km's usually until the car start falling apart. Let me know guys. Cheers.

Richard

Nope they don't have to change the whole speedo. They can still wind digital odometer back :D Just takes more time and effort than the analogue ones

Actually once you know how to do it, it's a lot less effort and time.