SAU Community

Want To Buy R34

heya people. I am looking to buy a new car, I wont be able to buy an Evo IX so i am going to settle for a Nissan for the time being :happy:

I have had a liking for the R34 GTT models for a long time now, and am weighing up bewtween that and an S15 as they are similarly priced.

I like the R34 for its rarity over the 200SX but performance wise ie money/performance im not sure between the 2.

I have read that the R34 GTT came with 206kw but i thought that was the GTR model, so i cant work that one out.

I was hoping someone could recomend me an importer, or more preferably a model thats already in Australia available to be test driven.

I am based in melbourne.

Thankyou

Go see SSV in oakleigh.

Settle for a R34?? they are heaps better performance wise than an s15 (and looks for that matter, but maybe im being a little bias)

As for the 206kw, thats what they are at the flywheel, the GTR is much more than that, but for various reasons (legal) they (Nissan Japan) had to state that the GTR is 206kw.

Basically, you wont be disspointed with a 34, just ask anyone who owns one.

Edited by PAV34

Yep there 206kw at the flywheel but there is alot more to a GTR than Kilowatts.

Test drive a few and get the feel of them and then you can decide whats a good well kept car and whats not.

Chris

Edited by alphanumeric

I asked myself the same questions too. R34GTT or S15.

But having owned a R32 before, my natural tendency was towards another skyline or at least something RB powered.

Both very nice cars though, i'm sure you'll like either one of them.. but R34's also get more looks on the street, probably because you see less of them.

thanks for the info so far, the 206kw's is whats really got me now.

What sought of price am i expected to pay. ive seen upto and $35k for 98 modelsand they where all similar, and i also know of someone who bought a 4Door Turbo for around $15k so whats the catch?

35k for a 98 is way to much, unless it had major mods.

you could get a standard 34 for around 27 these days, maybe even less.

15k for a 4 door is the cheapest ive heard of...

why would u want a s15.....i mean i swear that cars catchin up to the 33s in popularity.....get something unique mate....or at least.....less common then a s15

J-Spec is a very good melbourne based importer. www.j-spec.com.au i think is the website. Got my R34 through them.

yeah, you could get a nice conditioned turbo, coupe for $27-$28 on the road these days. Speak to the J-Spec boys, they should let you look at the 34's coming in the auctions for a week or so. Join their mailing list too as there are quite a few coming through on that.

and see my signature as well :)

cheers

oh yeah, 34's are rad :(

Well a stock GTT is around 150rwkw....

If you want to save a few ks then importing one from Japan is the way to go. But yeah go for the 34 you wouldnt be dissapointed with it overall performance, gets plenty of looks as well when goin down the street.

Thanks for everything so far. I've gone through alot of the j-spec ones. What sort of cost am i looking at after the car cost and import fee's? ie rego RWC?

Does any body have an idea on a manuel conversion for GTT as well.

THank you so much for everything so far.