SAU Community

My car..

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well yeah u can adust it yourself if u have the tools, i normally go to pedders or a suspension place to get it done.

and yes its under the wheels, it works like a screw, turn it up or down.

its pretty cool, but very pricey.

well the system is very loud actually, its a hks system, the muffler has a build in silencer and im not to sure what u mean by lower rev repsonse??...

The only thing i dont like about it, it seems to have a pinging sound somewhat like a excel or a rice boy car and im not to happy about that.

Any suggestions on how to remove that sound from the car??

If the car is the GTS non turbo, then having a big bore exhaust (with a 3" pipe may harm bottom end performance, due to a drop in back pressure. The need (or not) for back pressure in a N/A engine is debateable, but most say that you're likely to see a loss of power and torque in the lower part of the rev band.

This is especially true if you're driving a N/A car with an aftermarket exhaust designed for a turbo car. You're almost certainly gonna lose some power, not to mention it is likely to drone and fart big time...:mad:

Cheers

Dave

The Kakimoto is quite loud too:) , especially if you don't use the insert baffle - but this is just my opinion. Others who have been in my car say the muffler is too quiet! All depends on what you're used to I guess:D

Since I brought the car with the Kakimoto on, I can't comment on whether bottom end power has been affected...

It doesn't seem so, there's plenty of low end torque and you get a nice roar when you floor it:D

Cheers

Dave

Guest neoGT-25

what inch is it, 2.5? the kakimoto exhaust im looking at is 2 and 3/4 Inchs

oh and the tip is 4 and a 1/4 inchs

meh... sounds nice without being rice :P

:P This is metric Japan! I dunno what the diameter of the tail pipe is in inches, but in CM's it's 11 cm:) The main piping under the car isn't much wider than standard (so as to maintain enough back pressure me thinks!) - not sure of the exact diameter, will check later.

Dave

actually neogt thats a really nice car, mine is the same colour and rims although its a r33, how much did u pick that up for?

what sort of mods have u had done to that??

im looking for more performance in mine.. it seems a little sluggish, mates tell me that extractors and a pod filter will make a difference but they say its debatable...just seeing if any of guys have suggestions on how to improve on performance..without spending a great deal of money...

Guest neoGT-25

my cars slow :P where on the GC are you?

dont bother with sub zero... they only do turbos and stuff... no one cares about us N/A bois :D

my car was $31,500 and i need to pay it off to my dad or he sells it so im in crap LOL

anyways... i got my new issue of HPI yesterday (.30, God i love my subscription) and they tell you how to get some proformance out of a N/A and in this case they used a 180SX with a SR20DE in it... anyway, they dident get much power from the exhaust or extractors, in fact they lost a little in some places (lower int he rev range) and gained a bit more top end (1kw or so :D) and only a little bit extra power gain with the air filter system (it was weird and i cant remember what they did to it) but what got the most power (from 174kw to 188kw) was some HKS cam pulleys and HKS Camshaft's i was quite impressed... if i dident lend the magazine to my friend i would have writen exactly what it said... oh and they used a A'PEXi S-AFC II to get the fuel ratios right cos it was running really rich

(hope all this made sense since im car dumb... im only writing what i remember)

byes :burnout:

Do you mind if I ask what size wheels you are running?

My car currently has stock wheels, I'm wanting to fit a decent set of rims but I had a look at the clearance under the wheel arches and there doesn't seem to be that much. Specifically, on the rears there's about an inch clearance between the inner part of the rim and the HICAS join and I wonder if wider wheels is gonna be a problem? What size and offsets are your wheels? I was planning on keeping with 17's (the car has been lowered).

On my old GTS, I was able to fit 9.5 inch wheels on the back with 265 tires and never had a problem with clearance. Fronts were 8.5's with 235 rubber and no rubbing even at full lock.

Definately looks to me like a similar sized setup on the 34 GT-V is gonna cause problems..:P

Guest neoGT-25

they are 18"

235's at the front and 265's at the back... theres a BIT of arch scraping when my car does a U-turn but nothing serious :)

my cars lowered too... you could always get some VOLK TE37's for cheap or some ADVAN MODEL 5 rims :P

god id kill to live in Japan :D

PS: The VOLK TE37's in white would look SWEEEEET as hell on your car :D id kill for them! and i will... ;)

(j/k)

ah that all sound wicked man, im in biggera waters man, real close to the water..

are u down the goldie much if so we should cruise i have heaps of mates with rex's ,skylines, supras we all go cruising.. its heaps of fun.

U say in there (from 174kw to 188kw) how did u get to 174kw.. i thought they were 145kw stock..?

HKS cam pulleys and HKS Camshaft's sound like the go.. i had a vl turbo b4 the skyline and i had the cold air intake and extractors fitted and it made no difference.. (well nothing really major)

ill need to know where the cheapest place to get those parts are.. ppl say im a tight arse with money and wont spend unless i have to. :P

ill have to do some research on the A'PEXi S-AFC II i really have no idea what that is..but ill find out.

cheers for the help man

oh yeah can u buy those magaznines from the newsagent??

if so im gettin suscribed.. :D