SAU Community

Sweet Suction Sound!

Rochey

If you replace the rubber pipe that goes from the AFM to the turbo it will add a bit of induction noise
this mite be a dumb question but wen u say AFM wat exactly r u talking about?

also about the skyline souding like a V8 thing i rekon u should listen to skylines abit more then try n compare them to V8s bro dont get me wrong i like a nice V8 rumble but mate u just cant go past an RB note.. u cant miss the sound of a skyline i can tell it from miles away unless its the skyline in the pic below

post-25425-1156257266.jpg

this mite be a dumb question but wen u say AFM wat exactly r u talking about?

also about the skyline souding like a V8 thing i rekon u should listen to skylines abit more then try n compare them to V8s bro dont get me wrong i like a nice V8 rumble but mate u just cant go past an RB note.. u cant miss the sound of a skyline i can tell it from miles away unless its the skyline in the pic below

completely agree - I'm the same - before I turn around I'm like "that'll be a skyline" to me mates hehe. a skyline with a good back box has such a deep burble on idle and a solid roar on gas :D ...as I'm sure you all know :O

hey Rolls:

so blocking off the standard Bov will create turbo chatter is that right? Is there a link on here to a more in depth talk about it?

Here are some good threads discussing it, but yes you basically block off or tighten your bov so much that it barely lets any air out.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...&hl=flutter

http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums/vi...bov&start=0

stupid queston. i know its prolly been asked 200,000+ times.

i just bought an apexi pod filter. A022. (designed for R33 gts-t)

is it illegal to run one on your car? p.s. im in vic

nah i think it is illigal bro... how can they give you a canary if its legal?

this is what i know if you have a front mount/after market cooler its illegal to have a pod filter if you run a stock cooler you can have a pod no questions asked

Edited by assyrian4evaa

not illegal - but if u have the pod and an aftermarket intercooler, then you could be defected if the cops stop you.

so heres the scenario. i have my sick induction sounding stock as a rock r33....cop heres the sound and thinks he can do me...he cant.

full stop. correct?

p.s. cheers for reply matt

Ive heard of people being defected for a bov when all it was was flutter, doesnt matter, once you get to regency they will get you for ever single other thing thats wrong with it. Leaks, old susp, worn mounts everything.

"he cant - specially if you got the standard intercooler on...."

Sure he can he's a cop. dont know about where you guys are but in WA you can be defected for a dirty windscreen. I got pulled over by one a couple of weeks ago and the first thing out of his head was "I'm gunna defect you and do you for exessive noise"...but he didnt. HKS FMIC and Apexi Power intakes mmmmm noisey :D

its illegal to have a POD in NSW.. i have an engineers report for my car, and my engineer told me i had to take off the POD and put in a stock filter before he could engineer it..

If you want a real sexy sounding induction noise on a turbo Skyline - my 2c go on a port shrouded/anti-surge compressor housing turbo. Me personally, a real GT3076R (GT3037 style...) with .50a/r antisurge compressor housing - while the stock turbo has an awesome "suck", theres nothing quite like the jet-engine spool up sound :D

Or get a T51R... a lot of people think its just because they are huge - or a signature T51R thing, its just because of the anti-surge ring. Moving lotsa air helps of course...