SAU Community

The Automatic Performance Thread

well it seemed to be a little more responsive coming onto boost and held it better. but that is probably all in my head. so it pretty much amounts to just being able to say lookit my gtr bov!

took off the slide highflow turbo at 206rwkw 1bar

installed the Adelaide Turbo Services GT3076 highflow, 60-trim with .73 avo-skyline rear housing

made 239kw 1bar

Thats a nice gain Basti ! Yeah unless the original BOV was leaking....... won't make a difference.

yeah car is so much better now. but i have to budget now for a shift kit and cooler

Is Yours 4WD Tangles ? Nice gain, and still alot left in that turbo. What stopped you pushing it up to 18psi odd ?

Gary

Edited by Fastrotor

• 2 months later...

Hey, just found this thread looking for fuel pump flow rates and have spent the last 3 hours reading it all. Glad to know there's alot more similar minded people on here. While definately nowhere near the pointy end of the power figures, thought I'd throw my specs and recent dyno runs up for comparison. cheers

Series 1 2 door R33 AUTOMAGIC

80k std RB25DET

std turbo

std injectors

std manifolds (in & ex)

Monsta FMIC

Bosch 040 fuel pump

Toshi Kubota modified and remapped std ECU

Tomei adjustable FPR set to 45psi@idle

std coils

NGK BKR5EYA special anti fouling plugs gapped to 0.8mm (no misfires!)

adjustable boost bleed valve set to max 12psi

std auto

std dif

265.4 RWHP or 197.98 RWKW on 98 octane pump fuel. See dyno sheet attachted. Going by other car figures and times on here, with a good launch should go down the 1/4 in mid 13's?

1st run was 254 and with bit more fuel pressure, boost and ignition timing we got 265.4HP. And it runs sweet with the 1st map Toshi gave me. As Justin from Black Track said it was perfectly tuned. I just wanted to check AFR's, boost levels and see the numbers. No problem lighting the tyres now on kick back and the auto is great for everyday driving.

Now I've sorted the car and achieved what I sent out to the car is for sale. PM me if interested.

Skyline_Dyno_Run_31_7_09_HP_v_PSI.pdf

Thats pretty damn good mate for all the stock stuff !! I don't know what the problem was with mine, whether a dyno thing or not im not sure, but best i could get with the stock parts was 146 rwkw's ..... So personally i think you've done well !!

Gary

I haven't said anything for a while as i finally blew No.1 Cyl ring land. I've just been driving the car round on 5cyl's as i need it to pick up my son. But the good news is that the rather expensive 3ltr bottom end is underway currently.

Hope to have some good results for you in October. See if i can't have a shot at Satanic's 34 monster :) Go the AUTOS !

Gary

hey gary, yeah Ive upped the boost to 1.2bar now myself, so its seeing 250rwkw or thereabouts thru the Adelaide Hills

AWD Stagea auto. Havent gone up to 20psi as yet as Im awaiting funds to drop in 6x jdm S15 450/480cc injectors Ive got here, and retune on dyno

also thinking of getting a ecu (either megasquirt or emanage ultimate) piggybacked, and take out the safc/sitc. then shoot for 265kw

good luck with the rebuild ! awesome fun, enjoyed doing the headwork with the Stag, and cant wait to drop in some rods/pistons

You've got 250 rwkw still on the stock 370's Brendan ? Jeeze they must be maxxed of close to it ! I gotta watch myself.... i get all caught up trying to get to the same power as i see some guys on here, and i gotta keep reminding myself its thru a 3500 stall..... haha, still doesn't stop me trying :)

If i can get up around Stans level, i'd be happy. (Yes i know stan's auto ! i mean't other manual cars)

Gary

Edited by Fastrotor

I haven't said anything for a while as i finally blew No.1 Cyl ring land. I've just been driving the car round on 5cyl's as i need it to pick up my son. But the good news is that the rather expensive 3ltr bottom end is underway currently.

Hope to have some good results for you in October. See if i can't have a shot at Satanic's 34 monster :) Go the AUTOS !

Gary

Hehe - am I the benchmark now / still? I saw my name come up on the email reply so I came to have a look-see.

Your RB30 - share some details :ermm: It doesn't take much to beat my setup in terms of the RB30 itself, I must admit I didn't put too much fancy gear into it.

I just re-registered my car for another year, and once I get back from Singapore in a few weeks, I'll be looking at upping the boost and getting a 2009 tune rolled out :D There should be another 200-300rwhp or so in it considering we're only up to 50% of the turbo's range...

(Yes i know stan's auto ! i mean't other manual cars)

Slap a manual behind it and it'll be even higher, the numbers :)

I think I read somewhere that after you get to a certain point, the drivetrain losses aren't as bad - even more so if you've done stuff to help the drivetrain out?

This may of interest to some of you; don't think I've posted this yet...

scancbq.jpg

Shows the following:

1) Power from final tune from RB25

2) Power from RB2630 run-in tune; 3rd last run to breaking flex plate

3) Power from RB2630 after new flex plate; one of the initial runs

4) Power from RB2630; one of the final runs before 390rwkw was reached.

Haha, yes mate, you are the benchmark ! It was Dangerman, but he sooked out and sold the lot :) But you've upped the bar quite some with your motor.

Ah thats right, you have the 26 head on your 30.

Lewis Engines is building the bottom end for me. Arias custom pistons, precision H beam rods, crank collar, Hi-vol sump, modified rb25 oil pump , (asked to machine to fit the tomei pump for later though), Ross balancer, & Special Dilithium Crystal Harmonic resonator.

Doesn't sound like much, but its the most i've spent on a motor , by a long shot ! And its only the bottom end. Im just going to put my head onto it myself for now. See where its at Hp wise and go from there. I will procure an RB25 head and get a full overhaul and port work etc etc later on as funds permit. Least thats the current brain fart idea im running with..... it changes regularly, especially with beers.

I just paid $450 to the dentist would you believe for an hour, and i can barely open my jaw, so drinking it is for tonight dinner ! Anyone know if the NEO head is same stud pattern inlet and out as RB25 ?? :ermm:

Gary

Each time i upped the converter i lost mph, ie HP lower !. So i guess with a manual i could have got 330+ easy. If i revved it to 8K id say there was another 10-15 in it also. All conjecture now though.

Bring on the dirty 30. (once running again i will do a run in 3rd with and without the converterlockup, so might give an idea of loss)

Gary

Edited by Fastrotor

Different intake on the NEO Gary same exhaust from what i can tell (changing my exhaust gasket as we speak)

oh and I think I found my power robbing problem (see attached pic) one of the exhaust housing bolts has come out and I had a leak at number one exhaust outlet

ahh the never endingbattle that is cars

wanna sell me that tial gate yet gary ???

post-18618-1249704797_thumb.jpg

Let us know when you next run it up to see if it aided your problem.

No i will be keeping the Tial and HKS manifold now Peter. Same as the .82 A/r housing. The 3ltr should make it all work abit better, at least gain some low and mid back. Going to plumb the screamer back in though, it gave me the shits big time.

Can't wait to get back out to the sprints with it.... its been nearly two years since the line's been out there !!!!

Gary

Thats pretty damn good mate for all the stock stuff !! I don't know what the problem was with mine, whether a dyno thing or not im not sure, but best i could get with the stock parts was 146 rwkw's ..... So personally i think you've done well !!

Gary

Give Toshi's remapped ECU's a go. He removed all the rich and retard and other fun police stuff, told him exactly what I had and he sent me up a re-chipped and mapped ECU to try for $350 deposit. He set it very safe and not to full potential of course and it sorted all my running issues. I gave him some feed back on how it ran and sent him another $110 and he sent me what he calls a street chip which is just on the safe side and would not cause any issues when the weather gets hot, I changed it myself and straight to 257HP! Changed a couple of things as described and 265.4HP. Bloke knows his stuff. Told me not to worry about Z32AFM for my settings and rest would be fine with max boost 12.5psi. If I want more HP he can remap the chip or give me another to run with C16 or whatever. It's not a PFC but saved me a few thousand to get my 200RWKW and for a daily driver that's enough in my books!

You know the best thing about these autos is how easy they are in traffic (I used to drive a 13BPP), and then to be able to put the foot down and have it break sideways and fishtail up the road! Got to love it!!

You can get in touch with Toshi on here. Just search members for Toshi.

Kubota San Tensai-teki !!

Its ok mate, i'm a fair bit away from re-mapping the ecu nowadays. Plus i do all my own tuning on the dyno. Thats why i say it was good to see 200 odd.... i had an LINK ecu at that stage and unlimited time on the dyno to sort out power and could only get 145 kw odd..... but then again nissan FAST software lists 4 different auto turbos, and two manual ones ..... i could just have a small turbo, who knows. But thats light years away now :P

For the record i did modify the R31 Ecu i had with the RB20 NICS i swapped into my R31. No info was avail like the R32 stuff. I did change mapping and timing and got it going pretty well. I remember fitting a 1M eprom to it (they use 128K) and then using a binary switch on the upper 2 address lines. That way i could run 4 maps and simply swap between them on the fly ! Good for trying stuff out.

You might have seen the R31 wiring pinout on the web..... I did that 8 years ago !

Gary