SAU Community

Brake Pads For Sprints And Road

260DET

maybe the Ferodo DS3500? but i've heard there not very good road pads. You'd be the first i've heard that wasn't impressed with the 2500's though.

Apparently Prodjuct Mu pads are good, but again, only going on what I've read around the place on here.

theres RaceBrakes RB74's that alot of people use an recomend but say once over heated once there not real crash hot?

check out www.nismo.com.au too, they have a few options with brake pads an different temp ranges

hope this has been of some help, Cheers

Berin

I too am surprised about the comments with the DS2500's???

Due to current brake set up i am using endless NA-R's which i have found to hold up quiet well. They warm up quiet quick and will hold on for quiet some time before getting some ever so slight fade but usally only after 15min full pelt around the track. They would be a good pad for super sprint and then drive home on them road use.

I've swapped from RB74 to DS3000, found the DS3000 much better so far (but thats what i was expecting). I have also used the DS2500's on the M3 Driver training day, they run them in thier driver training cars on the track at philip island, they coped a beating all day, lap after lap for like 20-30 laps at a time with no fade or problems.... maybe the 2500's you had were fake or a dud set? find it hard to belive the bendix stuff was better.

Yep i have the project Mu level 900 on the front bendix ultima on rear, nismo steel braided lines, standard gtr calipers and RDA slotted standard size rotors and lots and lots of brake ducts.

I can get through a 20 minute track session with just the smallest amount of fade, pedal drops about 20mm. And the ambient temp was 40 C +.

BUT they dont come cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As a street/track pad my only experience has been with Ferodo DS2000 and have dfound them to be very good, but it has been my only experience.

PS-Sorry to bump something a few months old

Edited by JZX91-2JZ

I have project Mu pads and rotors on the front, they take a while to get up to temp, and are average when they are cold, but on the track they are great! I have only had the slightest brake fade, and that is after a lot of 200kmh stops.