Kiwi 7 Second Gtr

ish

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is all quite old news, it happened months ago. It was (7.81 @ 17xmph) the first meet with a new engine and turbo setup - the package definately had more in it, and has not done a meet since. I fully expect this car to go quicker than HKS did in Oz....

I recommend going to watch this - seeing/hearing it go in person is definately a hoot :P Theres no other GTR in the world currently racing that I am aware of which is going to show you solid 7 second runs.

Awesome!!!! gives me goose bumps!!!

I have to ask a question, well a couple actually.

Is this 7sec GTR rear wheel drive?? what's the go?? no smoke or spinning from the front wheels??

which prompts me to ask another question?? i've watched a few drift videos & see some GTR's drifting & only smoke from the rear??

WTF? am i missing something??

You can convert them to rwd in the 32s by pulling a fuse. R32s Im pretty sure are primarily RWD until you loose traction as well.

Hmm, mines only an 11 sec GTR & when i jump off the clutch at 8,000 i'm smokin 4 x 4 :D

i reckon he's gotta be an 11,000 man so it should be smoking from every orifice!!!

awesome car, just f ing awesome!!

would really like to know the answer as to why the Mecca of 4WD weaponry is running 7's on two??

whats the benifit?

two on street tires would be a saussage sizzle?

Drag slicks different of course, but just doesen't compute?

WTF? am i missing something??

Most likely converting it to rear wheel drive for the burn out to heat up the tyres.

Either way i think it would still be 4WD!

Quick times but since its on Menthanol now i don't really consider it in the same leauge as HKS, GTR 700 and Keir Wilson etc. those guys are all still using petrol which is where the challenge is at.

As you can see converting to Methanol has made it very easy to dipp into the 7's

I seriously think GTR 700 will be the 1st Aussie 7sec GTR if and when it comes back!

Either way i think it would still be 4WD!

Quick times but since its on Menthanol now i don't really consider it in the same leauge as HKS, GTR 700 and Keir Wilson etc. those guys are all still using petrol which is where the challenge is at.

Sorry - It IS still running a 4WD setup, and also ran into the low 8s before it turned to Methanol. The Methanol setup was the major change which got it into the 7s, and since then its got a new motor and turbo combination - who knows what THAT evolution is capable of. He's taken it to Oz to find out :O

With a front bar like that I dont think they will have a air to air intercooler:) does the hks one and gtr 700 run air to air intercoolers

Edited by RB SANDY

I'm guessing you guys know that in testing at Willowbank Heat Treatments have got down to 7.73 @ 183mph? They have a reputation of systematically getting quicker and quicker - so fingers crossed the weather is good for Jamboree! >_<

That'd be the quickest run ever by a Skyline GTR in Oz - quite cool when you consider the HKS drag R33 has raced there!

it still runs an air to air intercooler also last time i checked. why i dont know but there must be some need for cooling.

a local tuner here (blue evo that runs low 8's) has said these passes arent on full power either so that shows lots of promise :(