SAU Community

Japan Trip!

killabeez

Hey everyone,

Im heading to Japan with a mate next saturday for 1 week and a half and am looking to see some drifting and getting some parts while im there. Ill be in Osaka for a few days at first then heading to tokyo and anywhere else in between. Does anyone know where to see some touge action or drift japanese style? Probably going to see a Sumo tournament as well if there is one on.

Im also going to get a halfcut for my car and get it shipped on a container with some rims and other stuff I might need in the future. I'll be heading to upgarages but would also like to visit places where they have heaps of stuff on the cheap, ie. halfcut, cheap rims, used semi slick tyres, brakes etc- do I just get this stuff from wreckers or is there special places I should go. I speak very very basic Japanese and would prefer somewhere where they might speak english. I should have got this info sorted earlier but have been flat out with work and my setting up my drift car. f**k I need a holiday!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers fellas

Speak to mark at overev imports:

[email protected]

He is australian based but is in osaka all the time, he knows the guys from upgarage personally and deals with quite a few of the locals regularly, he would be a great source of info if you can get a hold of him.

If he doesnt respond on that email address PM me and ill give you his mobile number :P

It doesnt sound like much a of a holiday. Dont expect bargain buys at UpGarage. You're gonna be flat out trying to get all that stuff done. Best of luck (no sarcasm at all)dealing with used parts dealers. Just be patient. I guess you have all the logistices organised?

Have a good trip and like akeenan says, its hot and humid as f#*k!

its good to hear that you will have your holiday soon, if you looking forward some drift spot, when you heading up tokyo area, you can try go to urayasu 浦安 area which near tokyo disneyland, every thrusday or friday you may able to find many drift 野郎, of cos they wont drift near disneyland area, they will meet in some convineient store, like 7-11, lawson near around, and will drive to some factory area....anyway nowadays police take drift very seroius, it may just hard to see, will be depends your luck, if you also interest top speed 最高速 , or you have mate around chiba area, you can go to AQUA line in chiba area, its actually a long fast express tunnel which connect from chiba kisaradu (木更津) to yokohama 横浜 kanagawa 神奈川県, this AQUA line is a good run, but each run will cost you 4000yen, so people will just do a U turn in parking area and do a few high speed ... since this express line very expensive, not much normal poeple will use, so friday night you might able to see many zeroyon ゼロヨン, few years ago wangan kousoku 湾岸高速 is the best place , but now a days too much accident, so you might hard to see on the kousoku 高速。。。。it might have more drifting scence around osaka.... regarding getting parts in upgarage...i bet it might be hard to get good parts around there, since i think many good stuff are already get by other poeple or something, and upgarage price is not a bargain anyway, the most place to get your bargain should be in yahoo auctions, goo parts, some internet online store, if you want to find some wecking yard in tokyo area, i can list you some or search for you, and now adays doing front cut place is very hard to find since govenment changing their rule every years....you may try osaka might have more wekcing place, i have heard TRIAL , they help customer do front cut half cut.....anyway good luck for your trip

Edited by 350z33

The main thing you see at drift spots lately is black and white Toyota Crowns with flashing red lights.

yeah,I went down to nanko 3 weeks ago and spent over 2 hours waiting for the nice gentlemen in blue to leave.

Minoo is till doin very well.i was up there on sat and last night and there was quite a good turnout

its good to hear that you will have your holiday soon, if you looking forward some drift spot, when you heading up tokyo area, you can try go to urayasu 浦安 area which near tokyo disneyland, every thrusday or friday you may able to find many drift 野郎, of cos they wont drift near disneyland area, they will meet in some convineient store, like 7-11, lawson near around, and will drive to some factory area....anyway nowadays police take drift very seroius, it may just hard to see, will be depends your luck, if you also interest top speed 最高速 , or you have mate around chiba area, you can go to AQUA line in chiba area, its actually a long fast express tunnel which connect from chiba kisaradu (木更津) to yokohama 横浜 kanagawa 神奈川県, this AQUA line is a good run, but each run will cost you 4000yen, so people will just do a U turn in parking area and do a few high speed ... since this express line very expensive, not much normal poeple will use, so friday night you might able to see many zeroyon ゼロヨン, few years ago wangan kousoku 湾岸高速 is the best place , but now a days too much accident, so you might hard to see on the kousoku 高速。。。。it might have more drifting scence around osaka.... regarding getting parts in upgarage...i bet it might be hard to get good parts around there, since i think many good stuff are already get by other poeple or something, and upgarage price is not a bargain anyway, the most place to get your bargain should be in yahoo auctions, goo parts, some internet online store, if you want to find some wecking yard in tokyo area, i can list you some or search for you, and now adays doing front cut place is very hard to find since govenment changing their rule every years....you may try osaka might have more wekcing place, i have heard TRIAL , they help customer do front cut half cut.....anyway good luck for your trip

Sam that is GOLD. Can I edit it for 'clarity' :huh: and sticky it? サムくん、とてもいいポーストと思うよ。もしよかったら俺はサムのポーストを完璧な英語で書き直してもいいですか? I thought I'd translate my English if you didn't know what we mean by 'gold' and 'editing for clarity'... :P

Sam that is GOLD. Can I edit it for 'clarity' :huh: and sticky it? サムくん、とてもいいポーストと思うよ。もしよかったら俺はサムのポーストを完璧な英語で書き直してもいいですか? I thought I'd translate my English if you didn't know what we mean by 'gold' and 'editing for clarity'... :(

yes sure....sorry for my bad english rezz....and everyone..... :P

REZZ さん please do it....よろしくお願いします。。。

Edited by 350z33

Sweet! cheers for that fellas, yeah I know upgarage is a bit expensive thats why I'd prefer to go to places where upgarage gets there stuff from, ie. wreckers in tokyo and osaka, anyone know of any? I'll speak to Mark from overev soon and hopefully he might be able to point me in the right direction, is there going to be any D1 rounds or other drifitng events in the next 2 weeks or so? Im also looking at getting heaps of drift rims brought over for me and some mates, Is there some sort of second hand rim place or do I just go to wreckers and maybe auctions? and yes ive got most of the logistics sorted, I think ill just rely on a import broker and transport company to do all the paperwork for importing stuff, anyone want to pitch in for a 20ft container to australia?? again sorry for all the questions fellas im just really anxious on heading on over and doing my version of shop till I drop!!

I hope you are packing a lot of yen! Seriously.

If you haven't organised a container yet, and a place to have all your parts sent to for packing, and people to pack the container then you may be in a spot of bother. You can get this stuff organised quickly but it wont be cheap.

you can get some good prices on rims from up-garage.

I would reduce your goals a little (a lot?) as I think you are going to have a tough time running around trying to get all this stuff and at the end of the day not much of it will work out very cheap by the time you factor in:

local frieght

storage

packing costs (labour)

freight forwarding agent

container

shipping

customs broker

GST

import duty

unpacking in aus

delivery

you better make sure you are getting an absolute steal on the price of parts.

I would just limit yourself to a few things you want to buy, and spend the rest of the time having fun.

my grammar aint what it used to be

I heard Nova's a pretty good school, why not join up? :mad:

Anyways, I thought I'd break Sams paragraph up so newbies can easily see it up the top as a sticky and maybe it'll stop some reposts.

yeah,I went down to nanko 3 weeks ago and spent over 2 hours waiting for the nice gentlemen in blue to leave.

Minoo is till doin very well.i was up there on sat and last night and there was quite a good turnout

Nanko isnt that bad, I still head out there around 3 times a week... saturdays are probably the worst day to go. :)